Monday, June 11, 2007

meanderings of babble...

 
Good Morning everyone !
 
I hope that this entry finds everyone in good health and happy ~
 
It was a quiet weekend for Cindy, I and the pups and cats, hot and humid as blazes too I didn't want to step one foot out the door unless absolutely necessary can we say ugghhhhhh??  I can and was lol. 
Saturday for me was busy, worked a double shift and left work feeling pissed, fed up, worn out, aggravated and dispirited.  Used to be about 5 years ago (maybe less) if someone (coworker) gave me crap at work I'd just rip right into them - believe me, I didn't take prisoners, I was known for having a very sharp tongue and for overt and almost outrageous honesty - if you asked me what I thought, I'd tell you. no holds barred.  Now?  I've been trying to be sweet and nice...and know what?  I'm tired of the sweet & nice at work, at least to the one's that don't deserve it.  It doesn't help that I'm the oldest one in the whole place, on any shift & these freaking younglings (teen's and early20's) treat me with such blatant disrespect at times.  I feel like saying ~ Honey? I could chew you up and spit you out and you would NOT know what the hell hit you. (insert sigh here).  When I say they treat me disrespectfully I don't mean that I expect their complete "respect"  they don't know me enough for that, what I DO expect is the same courtesy that I give them.  Doesn't work that way and I have a feeling I'm going to have to revert to "bad ass Teresa" mode and will become known as a utter bitch, which doesn't matter to me - in my opinion if you push me hard enough to warrant having my "bitch" side turned on you then you (whoever they are) are cretins to begin with.  Know what I mean??? (insert another sigh here)
 
Anyway, back to "our" weekend ~ it was quiet, C and I only had Sunday together so we went grocery shopping (before all the loyal "baptist" churchgoers got out of church and clogged up the aisles at Walmart LOL) came home, hung around the house~Cindy hooked up the "Sea Doo" and went and fetch her Nephew then they went to the lake for a few hours...yes I could have gone but can we say Ms. Teresa was NOT getting her butt out in that utter heat and humidity, She stayed home in the nice A/C and played "Fate" (a Role Playing Game, Dungeons and Dragons style on Cindy's mammoth computer) but before that I took a nice nap!  Then when Cindy and her Nephew got through at the lake...(he is all of 8 years old lol, but absolutely loves the lake!) and Cindy being an Aquarius absolutely loves the water... came back here and asked me nicely if I wanted to go and have Ice Cream and Dairy Queen - wasn't that sweet (smiling).  So, we went and had Dairy Queen & took  her Nephew back home- then She and I came back to our home and just chilled for the rest of the evening, it was nice.  Watched a movie called "8 Seconds" which is about Bullriding... it's a wonderful movie if I may say so myself, didn't get to finish watching it but we recorded it so I can finish watching it later...Cindy has seen it before and it's one of her fav's...it's right up there with "Pure Country"  just a sweet, country romance, sweet and sad all at once, you know what I mean?
Okay, that's enough for now - am off work today also so I am going to try to get some things done around the house <INSIDE> & just relax.  I may come back later and write another entry & I most definitely need to get caught up on my journal commenting and reading.
(((((Hugz to you all and Peace)))))
 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.  It was pretty hot here as well, and humid also!  It's nice to see you posting again!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Being in NY now and formerly from Fla. The heat normally doesn't get to me, (no AC here) the nights as a rule cool down, sleep with the window open and a sheet. Notice I said sometimes that works LOL! As for Mz Theresa turning her bitch side on these ignorant idiots. I say go for it! This latest generation is the most disrespectful, ugly lot I've seen yet. There seems to be a huge lack of courtesy and manners. Perhaps if we gave them what for once in a while they would learn to hold back their own wagging tongues.

Give Cindi, the pups and cats all hugs from me. Been missing you around here. (Hugs) Wishing you love and peace. Indigo

Anonymous said...

What honey bunny doesn' t say is that before I could even think about leaving the house and going to the lake, she insisted that I stand still while she covered me from top to bottom with "bullfrog" sunscreen so I could not even think about burning.  I think I'm still digging it out of my ears............. good thing I love her

Anonymous said...

Teresa, nice to have another entry from you, I know what you mean about being nice to people who do'nt deserve it, some of my customers suck big time !!!!!!!!! Hope you and Cindy have a good week, Hugs Lisa P.S. Jorja Fox is on the cover of Curve magazine this month !!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Hello My Dear, I am glad you had a great weekend, well, Sunday anyways, just the thought of going grocery shopping on a Sunday, irks me!
Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

I am with you about choosing inside over hot humid outside anyday. I sometimes wonder if I was seen as treating older employees rudely when I was a young hippie working my first shit job. It was 1968 and I loved to flaunt my beads and feathered hair clips, and india print shirts, and I ceretainly thought I knew more than the older workers( and sometimes I did). But I also think I was polite about my self-assimed superiority, and I don't think kids today know what polite is. I hope you can do what you need to do to be treated with the respect you need at work. Margo