Friday, December 28, 2007

another Oregon entry ~


MySpace Comments - Wiccan
MySpace Layouts - Wiccan
Free Comments & Graphics

Hello all ~ finally got a moment to myself again and thought I would write a short entry. 

It's been boring yet helter skelter here, each in it's own way... the weather has been COLD, wet, rainy, windy etc. and all around the immediate area it's snowed, just not here because of the moisture caused by the dampness from the ocean.  Haven't had a chance to head to the beach yet because it's been so windy and icy cold.  Will before I leave I know that much LOL. 

Terry and Dar have headed out to the outlet malls in Lincoln City - I just about shoved Terry out the door after Dar because she started to stay here, I said no, I needed some peace and quiet and this was one of the only times I was going to get it so I was grabbing it with both hands.  I am just not used to people talking all the time, tv and stereos cranked way up etc. there's not enough room here for you to get away from anyone for any amount of time.  Not to mention that their friends will start arriving tomorrow and the next day for a few days.  So there will be no peace in that either.  So, here I sit typing away on the computer with the fireplace going and the door opened a few inches so I can hear the wind blow and the seals bellow and the seagulls scream.  It's nice :)  They had a friend of theirs over today for lunch, she was nice and simple...hippy kind of woman, REAL... the kind of person I like or at least am half way comfortable with.  Quite a few of their other friends tend to put on too many airs for my taste.  I like simple and down to earth - does that make sense?

I miss my Cindy and the boys and the cats... so very much.  I have 4 weeks and 2 days left away from her and our home.  I hope I don't go crazy in the meantime. 

Makes me appreciate the fact that both Cindy and I are such homebodies.  We like being at home together, alone...with the critters of course :).

Ok, guess I will go for now.  In case I don't get to write again before New Years, Happy New Years everyone!!  (((((((((Hugz)))))))))))))

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

and we all miss you too s'heart very much.  just keep thinking....it's business...not personal. ha
I love you ( and the kids do too).

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about needing ALONE time. We are stay-at-homes, too...unless we are up in the mountains or down in a canyon or out in the desert...hahaaha. But that is mainly alone-time, too. Happy travels. --Cin

Anonymous said...

You have a long way to go before you get to go home. I am glad you are missing Cindy, Missing is good for a relationship.
Happy New Year to you to! Love Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

Teresa, good to have an entry from you, I am missing you , wishing you and Cindy a fabulous "2008" Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm like you.  I would rather be at home with critters.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I LIVE for "alone time"!  Be safe and well, Sweetie!

love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Teresa!  I hope it is a good one for you in so many ways.  I am a homebody too.  I am never happier than when I am in my little cottage here, puttering away at one thing or another.  I find so much joy in simple things.
Love,
marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

happy New year Hun!! I am the same..i don't like too much noise and too many people ..it makes me nervous...
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Teresa,  Happy New Year to you and Cindy and all your "kids".   That is one beautiful graphic at the top.  I agree with you on the simple and down-to-earth, in alot of my life in fact.  
                                        Hugz,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years to you also!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

If I had to be away from Susan for a month I would just die!  I lost her for so many years...wasted years, and now she's mine again and I couldn't be a happier woman!  
I hope the month passes by quickly for you darlin!
Love,
Connie