Wednesday, March 7, 2007

My "Wish List" of Trips I'd like to make...and no, not the one's where I fall on my face lol

I don't think any of you know, but I have this fascination in visiting Scotland, Wales, England.  I have had this "thing" about these places for a looooong time ~ I've read quite a bit on each place... so, I am creating a entry with pictures etc. about some of the places within each of these countries I'd like to visit & I am adding links so that you all can check out the history of each picture.  The odd one is Hungary - my family comes from Hungary, they left during the world war to escape the Nazi's and Hitler...if they hadn't many more than what did, would have wound up in the camps.  My family there were Gypsies in part - true gypsies, there is a long history in my family tree but unfortunately much of it's been lost because of death's and separation when they immigrated here.  I know that I have family still in Hungary, quite a bit from what I understand - the parts of my family that did not come to America went to Austria and Poland instead, some even found their way back there after the fall of communism; and yet? with my own personal history? I still yearn to visit Scotland, Wales and England - is that crazy?  I hope not, if it is? then let me be crazy lol.  I think I am going to divide the entries up into 2 sections ~ the 1st for Scotland and Wales & the 2nd for England and Hungary because I KNOW my focus is going to screw with me so I will make it easier that way.

Note:  most of the pictures I have found I found in the site Fotosearch.com  the one's that do have the pic's watermarked as such.

Okay, on with it...the first couple of photo's are of Scotland...

 

 This is " Castle Dunnottar " in Scotland... if you click the name it will take you to a site that explains it's history...here is a added one from Wikipedia ~ www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnottar_Castle, is it not awe inspiring?  The next is a picture of Standing Stones on the " Isle of Lewis " in Scotland....

                              here are a couple extra links on the Isle of Lewis - Isle of Lewis 1 & Isle of Lewis 2 ~ not to forget  " Isle of Skye " which is part of the Orkey Island chain off of Scotland...

.

Here are some of the places within Wales I'd like to go visit too!

 

 This is " Conwy Castle " in Snowdonia Wales along with a couple other links ( Conwy Castle 1 & Conwy Castle 2 ) &  pictures I found on the net -  This pic and the one following I found at     " Algieri Images "  This one is of **Conwy Harbour** (with the boats) and the following is a village there called **Blaenau Ffestiniog** ~  are these places NOT beautiful?? I could drink these places up just for the richness of the history involved there - The Welsh were (& are) so fierce & determined to be independent of the English...  here is another beautiful pic of Snowdonia (the region that Conwy Castle is in)

 here also is another link for Snowdonia.

Okay, that's enough for this entry - my concentration is gone. Will write about England and Hungary next.  Toodles.

Please, if any of the links don't work let me know so I can fix them :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmm great list :) Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to see all of your Dream Places soon!--Cin

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Conwy Castle remind you of Cinderella's castle?! :)

~Amy - who is Irish/English even though she has a gypsy mentality..  :)

Anonymous said...

I love you, I love you, I love you ..................................

Anonymous said...

I love you also Baby, with all my heart****

Anonymous said...

I've always been fascinated by Scotland too!! I love the rolling countryside and the villages with the stone cottages. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Yes...those are all beautiful places and I can totally understand why you are fascinated with them...BUT ....I only want to go to warm places near the ocean.  I've been through too many brutal winters I guess.

Love you,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Totally beautiful places.  I've only been to Gretna Green in Scotland, and landed somewhere in a place up there when I was a baby according to my mom.  (we were on our way to Germany)  We used to live in Chester when I first moved over here, which is the gateway to Wales and so we visited often.  Our favourite sunday drive!  My husband actually used to live in Snowdonia at one time.  Beautiful place.  I have been there as well.  If you and Cindy ever do make it to England you know you have an open invitation to come and stay with us for a bit while you explore the southeast of England and London.  We are only 40 minutes away by train!  That's a sincere invitation by the way!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Somehow or an other I am not surprised that you have a gypsy heritage, and I am not quite sure why. Perhaps because you march to a different, but interesting, drummer.
I have been to England twice, and to Wales, very,very briefly, once. I will figure out  to make it back to Wales, somehow, sometime. The small part of it I saw was absolutely the most amazing and beautiful place.
There are so many places in all three countries that hold "the numinous"-a serious sence of the The Holy.
Margo

Anonymous said...

I love to travel too and miss it a lot.. i have enjoyed traveling around the states too but i miss europe..
hugs
lyn

Anonymous said...

Hello!   Thank you!   Cool pictures! I would love to see the Castles & all the sites in Scotland and england. Thank you!!...Have a good night.

Anonymous said...

They all look beautiful...thanks for sharing your dreams with us...sometimes I think about places I would like to see.  Hugs,TerryAnn