Monday, September 10, 2007

Mourning & Sadness ~

 
This is the entry I mentioned in my entry yesterday ~ I was going to write about this last night but I became overwhelmed so I decided to wait till this morning to write.
I have two (actually 3) best friends that I am blessed with in my life Cindy, Terry and Dar; Terry and Dar are a lesbian couple that are my age and have been together 30 years, Terry's family is like my family just minus the blood ties; Her family consists of Ma Bear, Terry's step dad Pa Bear, Alfie (Terry's oldest brother) and Kelly (her youngest brother).  Well, Saturday Cindy and I were supposed to drive to Dallas to pick up Terry from the Airport there (She had been visiting her Mother in New Mexico) and take her truck to her there so She could drive back to her home.  I received a phone call around 7:30 a.m. from Dar telling me that we had to cancel those plans because Alfie's ex wife  had just called her and said she had gone over to Alfie's house to check on him and had found him dead in his bed.  Now, I know you all don't know Alfie or anything about him but he was a good man, he was in his early 50's but had had a hard life ~ let's just say that Terry, Alfie's and Kelly's father made difficult demands on him (Alfie) as a teenager, too many expectations that Alfie never felt like he was able to handle (Terry's dad is a cattle/land mogul) and he tried to make Alfie do what Alfie never really had the heart to do all he wanted to do was play football, live a simple life.  Alfie has/had been a alcoholic pretty much all his life; he was never able to beat that demon.  Alfie loved to cook, he was a big teddy bear and gentle soul.  The only thing I can think of (and most probably anyone else that know's Alfie and of his death) is that his body just gave up the fight.
Terry & her whole family are devastated, I'm devastated.
I don't know if you remember a few entries ago I made mention of Terry's Mom needing your prayers because of her body breaking down and her heart was giving out on her?  Well, this is not doing Terry's mom a bit of good ~ Dar said that Ma Bear almost collapsed.  I'm worried to death about her also, if her health will be able to withstand this blow.  Ma bear is very close with her children & She has always held guilt over Alfie's disease because She didn't feel like she did enough to help him overcome that illness.  Terry?  Terry has had for the past 5 years someone close to her in her family die each of those years and this has totally floored her and her heart is broken.  Terry has Multiple Sclerosis and this is not helping, nor will it ~ at all.
I wish I could do something but I can't.  All I can do is stand aside and just be there for her if she needs me.
So, please ~ anyone that read's this? Please say a prayer, offer up a blessing ~ positive thought ~ whatever, however you express yourself spiritually.  I would appreciate it, Terry and Dar would appreciate it, Terry's family would appreciate it.  Thank you for "listening".
Love to all of you****

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Teresa. This is a lot to go through. I'm glad you are there for Terry. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Awwww Teresa I am so sorry about Alfie :( Sending up prayers for Terry and Dar's family and sending big hugs your way ((((((((((((((( Teresa)))))))))))))))))))) Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Theresa, I have sent a supplication to the Goddess for all of them-and you- and light a candle under my  Goddess of Willendorph, who is  the first Goddess who was the first to appear in my life, and the first Goddess figure I ever bought for myself.. Blessed Be, Margo

Anonymous said...

As you said, all you can do is be there for Terry and I know you will.
Hugs, Gaz xxxxx

Anonymous said...

((Hugs)) I'm so sorry for the loss of Alfie hon! I'm keeping Terry's Mom and family in my prayers on the smoke! Love you hon! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Keep strong for the friends who need you...and be kind to yourself!

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers being said.  I'm sorry that you are going through this.  :-(
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

I will make sure to keep your friend and her family in my prayers.  I will also be saying an extra prayer for me, that I always take my children for who they are and not what I want them to be.  Linda