Sunday, September 9, 2007

I have no idea what to name this entry...

 

Tag by Emmi over at
Thank you Emmi !
 
 
Hmmmmmm how to start this entry ? I guess the best way would be to go back to last weekend (the 31st, 1st, 2nd & 3rd)
 
As you know, last weekend was My Birthday on the 1st and Cindy's and I's anniversary on the 2nd ~ the b/f left on Friday early so we had from then till late on Monday the 3rd to ourselves and let me tell you it was so nice !
Friday night we just hung out with each other enjoying our time together ~ Saturday ( my b'day) C's Mom sent me a beautiful flower arrangement  & Cindy had given me a new bluetooth for the cell phone <cuz the babies had chewed my other one to pieces and they finally got her's also, so we each got a bluetooth >.  Cindy also got me a wonderful, luscious, sinful triple chocolate fudge layer cake , a card a little stuffed dog that looks kind of like Draco - then we went out to this little pizza/burger joint and had a b'day lunch, it was so nice and relaxing !  Then we just spent the rest of the day together watching TV etc. I loved it !  Then on our anniversary we spent time with each other again, She took me out to dinner at this steakhouse downtown, it was great - I so enjoy any time I spend with her (especially when I'm not stressed about coming home to the b/f being here ~ I felt more relaxed thanI had in the 3 months since she moved in - I was happy & content, Cindy was also, even the boys and the cats!  The 3rd (labor day) we put in a concrete pad in the dog run for the babies to lay on when they are out there <killed a baby rattle snake in the process lol>.  And again we spend time together, a wonderful time.
 
Well, then the rest of the week came along per usual - work for both of us etc.  Thursday night I woke up around 3 a.m. for some reason so I went outside to smoke and there was this adorable black lab puppy on our carport!  Someone had apparently dumped the dog and he had found his way here to the house ~ he must have been about 4 or 5 months old and if you know the breed, it was large <came up to my knee> and he had the sweetest nature you could want in a pup!  Anyway - I went back in because I wasn't sure at that point that he was a "dumpee" <it happens a lot around here, we are in the woods and there is a busy road out in front of our property, people just come out here and dump their pets; yes, this ticks me off royally, I don't understand how people can be that cruel, but they are, not to worry their Karma will come back & bite them in the a**>. Got up at 5ish (my usual time) and went out for my coffee and smoke and he was still there, poor baby was so hungry - had to have Cindy get up and hold the baby while I took "our" babies out <Lares & Draco> for their potty call cuz the babies wouldn't have gone out otherwise, Cindy got him some food and he woofed the first batch down, then another and a third also.  Finally took him out to the run and let him loose in there because if we'd have left him loose he would have gotten hit on that road out there.  Anyway, Cindy took him to the humane society yesterday (yes I was upset about that,  I didn't want him to be put down and I was scared to death of that happening, so yes, I got a little snippy with Cindy about it which I later apologized for, she understood why I was upset).  Come to find out that the lady who Cindy checked him in with was "family" (for those who don't understand what that means is another lesbian) called Cindy later and took him home with her and her partner, isn't that great !!  I'm so glad and relieved.
 
I have something else to write about but I'm still pretty upset about what I'm going to write about - plus the fact that what happened yesterday morning deserves a entry all by itself, it's not something I want to merge in with this one.
I will most probably write about it this afternoon because I have to get my mind around it, emotionally also.
 
Hugz to all of you**** 
 
 (If this entry sounds disjointed I apologize, the focus thing does that to me at times & I'm trying to fit everything in before I lose it completely LOL)
 
 
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, glad you had a good birthday and a good Anniversary too, that is great the puppy got a home, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had some quality time with Cindy, you both deserved it.
I PMSL at the 'family' us poofs over here say he/she's a friend of Dorothy's! LOLOL
Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

awww...black lab puppies!  oh, who am I kidding....ANY puppies.  (except Chihuahuas, okay?)

happy you had a great birthday!!!

::hug hug hug::

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, I don't know what to call my entries either! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. And I am so glad that the pup found a home. I am partial to labs after having one as my best friend for many years. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Theresa, I am so glad you had time alone with Cindy, and it went well. Even the lab puppy situation turned out well0-it is great to find family, who became his family. I am sorry that you have beeen up set, and will send energy. Love, Margo

Anonymous said...

Good news about the pup...even though I bet you maybe secretly wanted him to join your brood.  Right?  ;)

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Glad the puppy ended up in a good home!  I do love a happy ending!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good birthday and anniversary..happy the puppy ended up with family...;-)
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

((Hugs)) Happy Belated Birthday and Anniversary to you dear heart! Sounds like you got what you wanted, Cindy all to yourself. Do I ever know the feeling of having people dump their animals near us! I get so angry these people can't understand they are NOT Throw Aways! I'm so happy it turned out for the best and the Blk Lab found a loving home the same day. (Hugs) Indigo