Monday, May 12, 2008

Aggravated and yes, I'm ranting...

 
I'm going to write today about things I don't normally write about ~ I'm not "all knowledgeable" in these areas, these are just my thoughts and viewpoints... my opinions based on what I DO know and that isn't a lot LOL.  What I write will be disjointed and jump from place to place but I'm writing as I think of things not with "perfect english "metaphors" or otherwise" it's me writing from being sick to death of the way things are being done here or for the most part NOT done.  I may even put some boxers/panties in a wad but what the hell??

First of all ~ anyone remember Hurricane Katrina???? how New Orleans/Mississippi etc. still haven't been rebuilt after that horrible incident? Discovering that YES, New Orleans Parish's CAN sue the Army Corp of Engineers for being lazy in constructing the levies and cheap in the materials they used to build said levies? I say New Orleans citizens? go for it... the ACOE thought that they were above being able to be sued because they were protected under that big government umbrella, not so ~ yet I still think that the "government" is using the ACOE  as the fall guy to accept blame for not helping/following through with the promised help after the tragedy.  Here we sit watching Bush and his cronies supporting a war in Iraq that has in the last couple years been swiftly losing the support of the people of this Nation, we, The People support unreservedly our Troops that are over there, in fact in ANY part of the world where our presence is needed... we have been steadily losing faith in our Government the ability to know what they hell exactly they are doing.  We as a people watch as our taxes that we  pay (which we work DAMN hard for in this country) be given away in other areas too.  The majority of said money is not even used in this country, it is used in other places ~ when our homelessness, hungry adults & children, our own personal tragedies  i.e. tornadoes/floods/hurricanes, providing health/medical insurance for ALL citizens in this country etc. are taken care of, THEN worry about the rest of this world.  I'm sick to death of politicians being pampered & catered to by the lobbyists of the big corporations paving their pockets with perks, monetarily, gift wise (trips, food, car's etc. etc.) when this country's economy is going to hell in a handbasket.  Frankly?  I think at times that we need to boot the whole bunch out that are in office and put blue collar workers in there to run this country, the one's that are REALLY aware of what is going on.  The one's that have to struggle to pay their mortgages, their rent, put food on their tables, gas in their vehicles, pay Dr's their outlandish fee's, pay insurance companies for something they don't provide, make sure the power stays on so in the winter they don't freeze to death or in summer that people don't die from heat stroke.  Put people in there that REALLY know what the heck is going on and don't pose for photographs showing their "empathy & I SO understand what you are going through" crap that they have no idea what they are talking about or even have a clue as to how the majority of the people in this country live.  Face it, if you aren't rich, if you aren't a politician, the head of a large corporation or something like that ~ you face a struggle throughout your entire life just trying to "make ends meet".  We need to demand absolutely for the government to answer and to MAKE itself accountable to the people. 
:::And no, it's not just Republicans I feel like this about, it's ALL politicians:::
 
Exxon, Chevron, Shell (the three top gasoline/oil providers) here have made huge and I mean HUGE profits for their CEO's and upper management workers the past couple years, there is no reason for this and it is totally unacceptable.  They have NO accountability!!  Why should they when a couple of their biggest supporters reside in the White House?? Bush & Cheney have been having their personal pockets paved with gold ~ all based on riding the back of hard working Americans.  Not to mention that Bush allows his personal beliefs (religiously) to become part of his decisions that he makes while in office, the man is a freaking tyrant and so is Cheney, if not more so.  They've made this Country a laughing stock and absolutely HATED in other parts of the world.  Their arrogance is only matched with their freaking stupidity (and all their cronies that cowtail to his "iron fist" of what I think of as tyranny).  Whatever happened to "separation of Church and State"? Religion and Politics or the running of this Country do NOT mix ~ there was a reason the forefathers of this Country made that stipulation in a little tiny thing they created called "The Constitution" ~ "The Declaration of Independence".
 
oh sheesh, I'm so damned tired of the whole mess...and it is just that, a damned myopic mess... if I haven't made sense to anyone, I'm sorry (or am I?) these are purely things that I was thinking that maybe someone else that reads this journal are thinking, or they don't...whatever ~ it's my views and I have a right to state what those said views are.  After all, this IS the United States of America where FREEDOM OF SPEECH is a privilege my (yours too) founding fathers/mothers fought for... and yes, our wonderful military today and even those NOT in the military.  They may not be right? whatever... it's me venting out of frustration and sick to death of the lies.
 
peace out*
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give 'em hell girlfriend.  I couldn't have said it better myself.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I wrote in my last entry, I felt we are in the midst of a recession. I don't see a lot of families surviving this one, like we did the Era of the Depression. The working little guy isn't even configured in the political surviving game of America. Well said and Bravo! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Awwww Teresa, you are so right, Bush is disgusting and a disgrace to this country, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am happy I live in this country, but the last graphice says it all "Ashamed of the government"  I could go on & on about how utterly disgusted I am with Bush/Cheney's administration, but you said it girl!  ~ Bethe

Anonymous said...

You're not alone in feeling the way you do about the American Government.  I'm afraid a lot of the British people feel the exact same way about ours!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your feelings are very similar ,to what is happening here in the UK ,LOVED YOUR GRAPHICS ...Jan XX

Anonymous said...

I'll bet there are LOTS of hard-working Americans that feel the way you(and I) do.  You said things very well, expressing dissatisfaction, disgust, and frustration.  Rant all you want.  Now I'm going to check out the rave that's next!
                                                         Smiles,  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

Governments just can't make the right decision EVER can they?  It's the same over here :(  They are punishing those of us that are single with no kids and low wages.  For what??  They still live in their plush houses and have their expenses accounts it's ridiculous.

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife