Sunday, May 25, 2008

I've been meandering about You Tube again ~ and found a couple of video's/song's that appeal to me, rather strongly in fact...I'm one of those people that listens to the words, the meaning or what I perceive the meaning to be for me, myself and I... life's lessons are a good basis for expression when people write these songs.  In the medieval times they had troubadours and bards that spread the news of the time, that spoke of life lessons ~ they've merely been replaced with the life and time's of today.  I find that with these thoughts that others express thru music and ballads, I find strength, humility and compassion yet also conviction thru anger etc.
 
Following is a video/song by Rascal Flatts called  "Stand" ~~ enjoy.
 
 
 
 
Stand
 
You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless like you've lost your fight
But you'll be alright
You'll be alright

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you stand
Then you stand

Life's like a novel with the end ripped out
The edge of a canyon with only one way down
Take what you're given before its gone
Start holding on, keep holding on

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you stand (then you stand)
Yea, then you stand (then you stand)

Everytime you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place, yea
Ooohhh

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you stand (then you stand)
Then you stand (then you stand)
Yea, then you stand (then you stand)
Yea (then you stand)
Ohhh (then you stand)
Ohhh (then you stand)
Ohhh (then you stand)
Ohhh (then you stand)
Then you stand

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, love the songs, You Tube can be addicting, Hope your weekend is going ok , Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love that song too.  I think that's why I love country music so much...you can usually get something out of it that is just for you.  Nice entry.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Beautiful song! Thank you so much for including the lyrics. I've been addictive to music for all the reasons you listed. It's one of the reasons even in my deafness I can still reach out to someone and share a song on any emotional level. Hope this weekend finds both you and Cindy loved and enjoying each others company. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome song!  Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Loved "Stand".  Andyou are right about the modes of communication changind with the times.  Mintrals, trubadors, Radio, You-Tube...Amaizing.  

hugs,  Bethe    

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thoughts and great song.  I listen to the words of songs as well.  It's amazing the power that music has to touch the heart.
love and hugs,
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I wish I could love country music but I just dont.  I love the lyrics to this song though.  Now dont get me wrong...I do like the Dixie Chicks, and Martina McBride, and Wynonna, and a few other of the female singers...but thats about it.  
Love ya sugar!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I am that way about the words to a song too!  I love Rascal Flatts.  I had a friend who is a wonderful singer, sing God Blessed the Broken Road at my wedding and Mark and I danced to it at the recpetion.  Hope you had a great weekend. Linda

Anonymous said...

I tend to listen to the words of the songs to find the meanings ~ what was the writer thinking about when he wrote that!!

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Cool video.  I don't really listen to country very often, but there's alot of it I like.
                                                           Smiles,  Leigh