Monday, May 19, 2008

 
 
Well, we had a good weekend Cindy and I.
Cindy's nephew had a good b'day party...we had hotdog's and sandwiches, chips, soda and cupcakes (he had already had his birthday cake the weekend before) now, C's nephew is handicapped (has a bad left arm and leg) and he can't hold a softball bat with two hands, he can only use one ~ well, one of his cousins (a little girl about 8 yrs old) she plays a lot of softball (it's in the blood in Texas girls I swear) wouldn't give C's nephew the bat when it came to his turn and it upset me because she was deliberately ignoring B. and it was hurting B's feelings and he was getting mad, he deals with this at school with kid's picking on him etc. because of his handicaps ~ not to mention the mean things they say to him because he can't do what they can (like run, play on the monkey bars etc.) and it ticks B. off because he's picked on and because he get's frustrated he can't do what the other kid's can.  Children can be cruel and the thing is? the majority of parents and school faculty (when he's at school) don't do a thing about it (it's the oh, isn't that cute <referring to their own children>)  With B.? He can't come to your world, he's incapable because of his handicap, you have to go to HIS.  Anyway I was eying that little girl and getting ready to go grab her by the ear if she didn't quit messing with B.  C's father nor her stepmother were doing a damned thing about it, C's Mom wasn't looking or there would have been hell to pay believe me, you don't mess with Mama Bear's cub... the little girl caught me giving her "the look" and she dropped the bat and wondered off with her eyes downcast because she knew she was WRONG.  B. went over and picked up the bat which is hard for him one handed...and he was up there swinging his little heart out.  He's such a FIGHTER and it's wonderful.  One day I will go into a  little more detail about B's handicap's and how they came about (he was born with a tumor in the arachnid level of his brain <the deepest level, there are 3 levels of the brain>).  He is such a lover but he's spunky to LOL. 
The rest of the weekend C and I did things around the house, the yard etc. All in all I guess it was a nice weekend.
Going to go for now, hope everyone has a good week.
 
    

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids can be so cruel!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Teresa, good for you for giving that little brat the evil eye, glad the party was a good one, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad you gave that kid the evil eye.  What makes kids so 'self centered'.  I had this conversation with my 10 yr. old granddaughter yesterday.  She was mad at her (long time) friend and was telling me all the things that were wrong with her.  I tried to get her to look at what might make the girlfriend like she is -- and be a little understanding.  (Girl has a father in jail for beating up mom and mom is a doper with a different boyfriend in the house every other week).  No wonder the kid has problems.  Anyway, I'm ranting.  Have a good week.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

The cruelty of children nowdays is appalling.  I hope B. grows up to do some wonderful things.  I'm glad you made the girl feel bad.  She deserved worse.
Have yourself a great week.  
                                                           Smiles,  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

I watched my daughter put up with this kind of cruelty the whole time she was growing up.  It's appalling.  There were many times I wish I could have been a kid and pay back the meanies, but I couldn't be, I was a mom . . . all I could do was to hold my daughter, dry her tears and let her know that she was special.  
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/