Monday, May 12, 2008

Okay now that I've ranted (& WILL again I'm sure) I'll rave :)

Okay on with my Raves  not a Rant ~
 
I love this Country, it is one of the most diverse and beautiful places on the entire planet, you can go to Tropical Beaches, to Mountains of excruciating beauty, to the deserts, to Forests that are so old that our great, great, great grandparents could have seen them...(what stories could be told by these most ancient of trees?  what have they seen? heard?) It's beyond comprehension at times I think to even imagine the bounty that is here.
 
There are people that are truly wonderful people, people that help others in their time of need or even in times of abundance.  There are people that give everything they have and of themselves (at time at the price of their lives) to be helpful.  People that are open minded, not caring if one happens to go "against the grain" in society.  People that suffer from illnesses that are incurable yet they still try to bolster others in their own times of tribulation... people whose hearts are full of love, compassion.
 
We have one of the best educational systems in the world (though yes, it does need some help), we have one of the best medical programs in the world here (yes, that could use some help also..and yes, at times you can only use it if you have the $$$). The government isn't ALL bad, though the majority of it is. I just can't get past the word politician without feeling ucky about it LOL.
 
I'm free ~ I'm free to eat what I want, read what I want, say what I want, (though that really isn't the truth in some situations...if I said outwardly in some areas of this country that I was a lesbian, better yet if I mentioned that I was Pagan...I could be shot, murdered, ostracized by society because they are ignorant little cretins) For the most part it's a good thing, a great thing...yes, I'm PROUD to be an American...
I just wish things were better for all of us (the one's that don't all in the "rich" category, those people can afford to pay for their "better") ::yes, I had to get my little slam in there:: LOL.
 
Below are pictures that I've found on the internet, places from all over the Continental U.S. of A.  to show the richness of diversity that our land holds... from Alaska, to the Pacific Northwest, to the Deserts in the Southwest, the Central U.S. of A., the Dakota's, the Northeast, the Southeast ~ it's all beautiful in it's very special way.
 
A Fishing Village in Alaska
 
 
 
A beach in Florida
 
 
A Buffalo in North Dakota
 
 
Deserts & Canyons from the Southwest
 
Cowboy doing the "real thing" in Texas
 
 
A beautiful lake in Massachusetts
 
 
The Cascade Mountain Range that runs from Oregon down into Northern California
 
Multnomah Falls in Oregon
 
 
 
Old Growth Forest in the Pacific Northwest
 
 
Sea Turtle in the Pacific Ocean off of the Coast of Hawaii
 
 
Beautiful Sunflowers from Kansas in the Central part of the U.S.
 
 
 
A Tornado and a Storm that precedes one in Kansas
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your rave and the pictures.  Have a great week.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Teresa, love your rave too, I have a My Space now, do you have one ? I'll send you the link, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love this rave! As you pointed out in the this entry and the last one. Life is truly twofold. For every inspiration you will find something that will beat you down. Life will always be unfair, we even up the odds with love. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I have lived in in over 26 states and have been to all but 5 of the states. America is truly a wonderful place.  You are so right about the prejudice and ignorance.
I remember when I was working in a Maternity Hospital in northern NY about 10 yrs ago.  A woman who entered the hospital put oh her hosptial registration that her religion was pagan.  She had 2 little girls already & gave birth to a baby boy.  For some reason the administration and staff felt that she was going to "sacrifice that baby boy" in some bizarre "pagan ritual".  When the baby was in the room her door had to be open at all times. Social workers were called in to investigate and she and her child were kept in the hospital longer than the usual 3 day stay.  Althoughe she was told it was to her medical benefit, it was really because of the investigation.   It was ignorance, pure ignorance.  But in a country as large as this there is a niche for everyone.  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Teresa.  You are right, despite all that is wrong with our respecitive countries and governments, they are still damn great places to live, especially when you consider the alternatives!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

The beauty is breathtaking, the sentiments heartfelt, the entry is wonderful.  I'm truly grateful we live in the country we do.  I hope that in my lifetime we find some of the answers to the problems this nation faces.  Every person that makes even a small difference is creating positive energy.  We need all of that we can manifest!  Thanks for the beautiful reminders.
                                                             Hugz,  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

I'm not as enthusiastic about this country.  Canada looks better and better to me all the time.

xoxox
Russ

Anonymous said...

Great entry :o)  Interesting to read x

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife