Monday, May 14, 2007

Hullo :)

 
tag by Chris at Cab's Creations.
 
Good Afternoon all !
I hope this entry finds everyone happy, healthy and if not in peace, then semblance of it.
Things are going fine here, Cindy and I are almost completely over our colds ~ I still have a bit of a cough, but other than that it's gone!
 
I was off of work yesterday but C and I were busy because it was both Mother's Day and her Nephew's Birthday... so we all got together at the park and had a BBQ and the kids all played for awhile.  It was a nice afternoon, the only thing I would have truly changed would have been the weather ~ it was dreadfully hot unless you were in the shade and that's where I put my butt and stayed all afternoon  LOL.
Today? well, I went and had a manicure & came right home.  I was boiling alive I swear... from my communications with Cindy today she's having a day also where her brain isn't cooperating with her either so I don't feel so bad!  Right at the moment I'm doing laundry, straightening up the house & getting ready to do dishes and start dinner.
Friday night, I was on my way home from work, this was about 9:30 or so and on one of the back roads that I take to come home on, these 2 huge 4 wheel drive pick up's got on my bumper, the speed limit on that road is only 30 mph, it's a dangerous road, no stripes on the road, no lights, no nothing, it's completely black out there; Well, this idiot right on my butt had his bright lights on and it was blinding me completely, I slowed down even more so maybe he would pass me, onthat road there is nowhere to pull off the road at all, there is a upward hill on one side and a steep incline on the other and it's very curvy, he started flashing his headlights at me, well the reason the fool had his bright's on was because one of his headlights was out! Needless to say he almost made me run off the road a couple times - we got up to the stop sign where I had to turn onto another road just like the one I had just been on & I sat for a moment or two hoping that he would just pull around me and his butthead of a friend that was driving right behind him.  Well, he didn't..he just stayed glued to my bumper - finally a little bit down that road (speed limit here was 40 mph & a double solid stripe yellow line) he & the truck behind me, roared passed me nearly shoving me into another ditch!!  Scared me to death.. I started crying on the phone with Cindy because I was so scared.  I mean, I'm in the middle of the boonies and no one else around...what if something had happened? what if they were gun happy, muggers, rapists or something?  Good thing is Cindy knew where I was so she would have come if I needed her - though by then it may have been too late if these idiots were anything like what I mentioned above.  I was so relieved when they passed me though.  I was a nervous wreck by the time I got home.
Ok, I'm going to go for now - I need to get some more things done and I hope you all have a wonderful evening.
Miss you all and Hugs*******

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am glad you are okay.. that sounds so scary..bloody idiots!
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Teresa, OMG that truck incident sounds so scary !!!!!! I'm so glad you are ok, hope Cindy have a good week, Hugs , Miss you Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ughhhhhhhh I HATE people who drive like that!  Idiots!  What joy do they get out of being annoying?!

Hope you are able to shake it off and relax...  :-/

hugs at you...

~Amy

Anonymous said...

It's bad enough to have to make your way safely down a road like that wthout some idiot on your tail. Glad they left you alone. Stay safe. --Cin

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made it home safely!!

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

That sounds really scary!  Glad you made it home safe and sound and glad you are feeling better from your cold!  I always love your graphics!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

To bad you couldn't get those jerks license plate #.  I would have reported them.
Missie

Anonymous said...

OMGdss, I am glad that after that scary ride you are okay. I'd have been terrified, too. I am sorry it is so hot-not my kind of weater at all. Hope you are hanging in. Bledssings to you, Margo

Anonymous said...

Wow Talk about scary! I've been on roads like that with crazy drivers, your heart skips a beat and your mind runs away with you. I'm so glad your ok, and made it home safe. I wish there was some way you could of reported the asses. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I think a large whisky would have been in order for me! Glad you got home ok.
Gaz xxxxxxx