Sunday, May 6, 2007

Meanderings and Trivialities

 

 Tag by Emmi at Sweet & Simple Pleasures

 

Hello all - finally I'm taking time (actually "having" the time is more like it) to write down a few things :)

First of all, things have been kind of hectic around here - my car had to go in the shop for some work - 1) the flywheel in my transmission was cracked, so instead of putting it off and risking the flywheel breaking and therefore tearing into my transmission pump, we decided to spend $350 vs. the $2100 it would have taken had that happened.  And I also had to have the "idle control valve" because that was clogged with carbon and not allowing my engine to run correctly, it also was affecting the a/c which simply won't do for me (any of you knowing me will know I hate the heat and humidity). Baby Bella (my car's name) is now running very nicely thank you :)  It's running much more efficiently now and smooth as buttah <g>.

Second of all - work, it's been crazy and by the time I get home I'm pooped.  I think of things I want to write in the journal all the time when I'm away from home, yet when it came down to me actually sitting down and writing, those thoughts went right out the proverbial window of my mind.  I need to start toting around a tape recorder with me and just record the thoughts when I have them  LOL.  It would help so much... I mean heck, even I think I have some pretty deep and soulful thoughts at time, I just wish they'd stick around longer ROFL.  Sheesh.

Thirdly?  I have had a cold from utter hades this past week...and feeling utterly miserable in the process.  I know I got it at work - that's what happens when you are around a lot of people and touching things that they have touched.  It always gets worse at night (I still have it by the way) and settles in my chest mainly and I hate that feeling.  You wake up coughing so hard you feel like you aregoing to expire a lung or something.  But?  I am feeling better today, let's just hope it continues that way.

I missed CSI thursday :(  I was bummed, I took my cold med's and promptly fell asleep just as it was about to come on and I didn't have the recorder set. Damn it.

I have a couple of "Meme's" that I would like to get done today - I promise I will try and to attempt to write more things and thoughts.

Miss you all**

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Traci.  It's good to read your words again.  I'm glad you are feeling a bit better from your cold.  I carry a little notebook around with me and when I get a thought I quickly pen it down so I don't lose it!  It's what works for me!  
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Missed you, too!! --Cin

Anonymous said...

Teresa, I hope you are feeling better by now, Awwwww Damn sorry you missed CSI :( do'nt miss this week's show, Lady Heather will be coming back and Sara might meet her, sure to cause some tension I'm sure, hope you and Cindy have a great weekend, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back. Rest and take care of yourself!!

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

I, too, hope you are feeling better. Sometimes it is hard to keep up, journal-wise, especially since so manmy people write so well and interestingly day after day! Margo

Anonymous said...

I have the unfortunate luck of my mind spinning out journal entries just as I'm about to fall asleep LOL! Any way I can hook something up to take notes on what is exactly running through my mind? I love hearing from you hon, but I for one understand sometimes life gets in the way of our journal lives. Hope your feeling better now. Wishing you love and peace. (Hugs) Pass one around to Cindy, Lars, Draco and the other little critters. Indigo

Anonymous said...

I do hope your cold gets better, I came back from my hhols and my boss has a humdinger too!

Get better.......... Big hugs, Gaz xxx