Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!

                         

 

Good Morning everyone :)
 
First of all ~ Happy Thanksgiving !!  to my American readers (smile)...
I hope your day is happy, peaceful and full of contentment whether you be celebrating this holiday solitary or whether it is just with your spouse, your friends or your whole family ~ it's a day not to worry about diets overtly (for the exception of those on a medical diet, then you have to stick with those sadly <pout>).

As for me and my home, we are both off and the b/f is also.  I have been up awhile now getting things going in the kitchen - Cindy received a Smoked Turkey (10 pound one mind you) at work for Thanksgiving, all I have to do is warm that up...as for the rest I've started the Giblet Gravy (I cook it for hours) and I've started baking...I've got a batch of Cinnamon Bread in the oven, next is pineapple bread, then blueberry bread...after those?  Peach Pie and Pumpkin Pie.  I also have to bake a couple pans of cornbread to make cornbread stuffing...one for Cindy 'cuz she doesn't like celery in any form (sigh) that's one thing that won't change with her I think  lol ~ and one WITH celery - I love celery in my cooking.  Then some fresh Green Beans with a rich smokey bacon in them...home made biscuits etc.  I'm not fixing too much because it's only the three of us.  I would like cranberry sauce but Cindy is allergic  :(  don't want to take her to the hospital LOL.
I am determined to maintain good spirits today and be happy, no matter what. 
Every once in awhile I feel this "down" feeling creeping in like a little whirlpool and I'm avoiding it nicely so far. 
The temperature is about 35 degrees this morning and there's a breeze blowing...in my opinion? it's a beautiful day for Thanksgiving.  I'm even listening to Holiday music on AOL  <laughing>  I'll listen till I'm over it !!
The "boys" are loving this weather!  Kissy is meowing her head off and Heathen is being his lazy old man self...
Trying to keep Draco out from under my feet in the kitchen LOL.
Okayz, I'm gone... things to do and stuff to bake.
(((((((Hugz and Love to all of you)))))
Be Happy!!
Blessings**************
 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the food sounds so good!  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Teresa, Happy Thannksgiving to you and Cindy, all your food sounds good, Hugs and Love Lisa

Anonymous said...

YUM!  Happy Turkey Day my friend
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Have the most wonderfull day my friend!
Gaz xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope your having a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Missie

Anonymous said...

hope you had a great day today!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!  Your food sounded yummy!  Have a great weekend.  ~  Caroline  ~
journals.aol.com/caromarls/ANewAdventure

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds like it was yummy, hope you had a good holiday.
                                 Smiles,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Hope your Thanksgiving was a peaceful one. Sounds like it was delicious! --Cin

Anonymous said...

hi!
I am Marti from Porch Stories. (I forgot to leave a link, sorry, but you can get to my journal via my email if you'd like to come see me.) I got a link to you from Lyn, (ukgal) who is a good online buddyof mine.
I  thought I'd pop in and say hi. Your journal is very attractive.
Hope your holidays are wonderful.
Marti

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say hi..hope all is well with you...Been stressful around here..but still have lots to be greatful for so will just keep breathing.  LOL..hugs to you!  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

hope all is well..i miss you..haven't heard from you in a while so just checking...
hugs
lyn

Anonymous said...

somehow I lost alerts to your journal,  today I searched till I found it again!!  Linda