Monday, April 21, 2008

Caught up in a world of moonbeams, sunlight, wind, storms & other things ~

     

First of all ~ with the beginning of this entry let me state ~ those that are overtly and bogged in cynicism? don't read the first of this entry because you just won't "get" it ~ but yet again? go ahead, maybe it will open your heart chakra and let you "feel" things maybe you have forgotten? or even never have felt in the first place.
 Indigo? I SO very much wish you could hear this clip ~ your soul would soar like mine did and is still doing, it gave me something back that I thought I had forgotten, misplaced or somesuch.  A memory ~ whether of this time, this life or of another.
Yes I am "waxing poetical", yes, I am awed... some of you who read this might think I'm a loon but frankly?  I don't care (shrug).
Cindy and I watched this movie last night called "August Rush"
   
And can I say it was one of THE best movies I've seen (or felt) in a very long time.  It opened a few more of those cracks in my heart... I don't know if I should or even if I COULD explain what it made me feel, what it MAKES me feel when I listen to this one piece of music... I just do.  Like the title of this entry it's beyond words to explain ~ all you can do is follow where your heart takes you... turn everything off around you, hit the play button, sit back and close your eyes and open your MIND and your heart... and it will make you feel wonderment, awe, yearning...so many things.  This piece is called "August's Rhapsody" I believe...there are no words, it's only music ~ I hope you enjoy it.
             
 
The whole soundtrack of this movie is exceptional, or at least what I heard in the movie ~ the songs, all of them. 
Go and rent the movie ~ buy the movie ~ just WATCH it, I don't think you will regret it... and if you do? you ARE definitely a cynic...
On with this past week ~ well, work was just that "work" lol ~ Thursday, Friday and Saturday were absolutely horrid ~ I'm blaming it on the fact that it was full moon and the "cretins" were out... Oh, and the "Prom babies" ~ the boys out to impress their dates with attempting to be all knowledgeable, when in fact the majority were arrogant and severely lacking in manners, etiquette... and the girls? no I'm not leaving those little "angels" out... it was about half and half with each of them (girls and the boys) the little "angels" ? hell, some of them were the snobs from the red planet...sheesh.  Yet the other half?  they were kind, courteous, exceptional... I appreciated those.. lol ~ their Momma's had taught them well....and believe it or not? the one's I thought were the best behaved in most areas?  were the "rednecks" the country girls and boys... the one's who knew if they didn't behave their Momma's would have their behind if they didn't lol.  The rude one's?  were the one's that were given everything, the one's from the rich families in the area etc.  that hadn't had to work for anything in their lives, it had all been given to them. (shaking my head) it was really sad when I stop and think about it.
Yesterday, Cindy and I didn't get very much done... Cindy got one of the sheds cleaned out, I cooked breakfast, then we took some things to Goodwill, went to Big Lots and found some "Shepard's Hooks"  wrought iron with these amber lead glass suns... really neat looking.  We put those in the front yard where the sprinkler heads are ~ they look great, give character to the yard.  Then we had ribeyes for dinner (Cindy grilled ) baked potato and salad ~ very simple dinner and it was great.  Then, Cindy did the dishes another big  ~ then we sat down and watched "August Rush" ~ altogether it was a very nice day.
I've started needlework again, right now I'm cross stitching a big apron for Cindy's mom for either her birthday or mom's day... it's a watering can with flowers all over it and in it that says "Home is where the heart is" across the bottom.  Hope she likes ~ C's Mom loves flowers, plants of almost any kind, birds, butterflies...so, I have someone to embroider, cross stitch, needlepoint for LOL.  I might even find something that Cindy might like (though I don't know if she'd ever do anything with it).
Okay, concentration gone ~ so I'm going.  I might write again later, don't know.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day....week...
Hugz*

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the next movie I plan to see!  Enjoy your week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Nice entry...I loved August Rush as well and the music is very uplifting.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

musica universalis...yeah! i heard it last night when that full moon was bouncing light off the snowy mountains. really tugs on one's heart. --cin

Anonymous said...

I will have to rent this one and watch it.  I loved the music!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Teresa, I will have to check that movie out, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me hon, I'm definitely going to make a point to rent this movie. It's amazing when something touches your very soul with it's words or music isn't it? As for the social outcast (lovely name for those who haven't experienced life through hardship or teaching) it seems we are left to deal with them more and more. Parents feel guilty working so much, they spoil the children and give them everything. I don't think it occurs to them if they expected more out of the child and didn't spoil them, perhaps they would be home more to mind what they are doing...

Hope this week finds you at peace and loved dear sister of mine. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'll have to come back to this entry later-on a not dial-up computer.  Isn't it amazing when you're touched right down to your soul by something?  
I love doing cross stitch, I'll bet Cindy's Mom will love it.  Have yourself a better week.
                                               Hugz,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Great clip and music.  I have ordered the DVD.  I had heard this movie was really good, but you have totally convinced me to buy it!  I work with rich people and their children and you are so right.  I see them and all their friends and they way they act and they truly think that they are better than the rest of us.  I think it's very rare that you find one that doesn't.  Kind of sad really.  They're missing out on knowing some of the finest people and greatest experiences that life has to offer!
Love,
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

The film sounds good I shall definitely check it out.  I have to say I think you are right about those kids.  That happens most of the time when they have everything done for them but if we have to help out we learn to appreciate things more.  It is a shame.

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Oh hunnie, you are definately not a "Loon"!  The music is absolutely beautiul~breathtaking.  Thank you for recomending...I love Freddie Hughmore is all the movies he's been in, and Keri Russell is gorgeous.  It sounds like you and Cindy did a lot Sunday.... you 2 got some major yardwork accomplished.  
I love doing counted cross-stitch also.  I have a couple prjects going that I do when I'm sitting at the pool.  I can't stand just to sit and do nothing.  Cross-stitch helps with that.  hugs,  Bethe    

Anonymous said...

Hey Chica,
I'm getting me a highspeed connection from Verizon next month so I will FINALLY after almost ten years of being on dial up, will be able to watch video footage of stuff and listen to music without it cutting out every three seconds.  I have wanted to see this movie.  Now I know I HAVE to see it.
Love you,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Another one I just loved...beautiful...loved it..will have to go get that movie...Have the most wonderful rest of the week!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

i was awed by this piece...hubby looked at me a bit silly as i lay here with my head back listening but i don't care...:-P..
have a great weekend my friend...
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/