Sunday, April 13, 2008

                  

I have no idea what's the matter with me this weekend, actually it's been off and on all week.  I've been so out of sorts and feeling down, heart heavy.  Cindy asked me yesterday why I was being so quiet, part of that was stress from work ~ I work with too many idiots who have no idea what hard work is and have no responsibility or feelings of respect for the fact that they do have a job.  The rest?  don't know, it's just there.  It's a sadness inside ~ it's like a freaking infection that spreads through your body when you are not feeling well? well this is of my soul and I don't know what's causing it.  Is it the depression trying to run roughshod over me? is it hormones? is it something in my life? I have no freaking lah de dah idea. (sigh and humph inserted here).
About the Meme I did and the 5 I choose to tag?  I would have tagged many more people to do this... I didn't know if I should include private journals or not, so Connie honey AND Cin? I would have liked to include you... Connie sent me the answers  to the Meme anyway LOL so I will post those in another entry... and remember Thursday was Gazker's B'day and Today is Russ's (their links are to the right of this entry) go wish them happy b'days!!
One thing that did get accomplished this weekend is the fact that we are finally going to have new windows put in the house, Cindy met with the gentleman yesterday morning while I was at work and got that ball rolling ~ of course we are going to do only one to two windows at a time...reason being? we don't want to go into debt doing this or have to get a finance agreement ~ it's going to cost almost $3500 to do the whole house but once it's done it will be great and the house will be even more energy efficient.  So that's a good thing.  Cindy did a great job arranging everything, I'm proud of her.  The company we are dealing with also does vinyl siding and doors.  Once the windows are done we are going to have him install a new front door and side entrance door...THEN have him put vinyl siding on the one shed right next to the house and the side "V's" of the house I can't think of what they are called lol.  Gutters too!
I want to try to get to a couple of plant stores today because I want to get some PLANTS (from said PLANT store) ROFL... to place around the huge oak tree in the front of the house and maybe some to place in the front of the house in general...we have some Peach or whatever color you call it Iris's there now which I am going to transplant to the fence line between us and the neighbors...I need to trim the new growth off of the trunk of the magnolia tree so that it will put all that energy back into the main part of the tree and trim a myrtle crepe by the from post fence...I'm being hmmm hopeful aren't I?  We also need to get to the grocery store.
Yesterday morning (9 a.m.) we took the boys (Lares and Draco) for their yearly rabies and borda something or other (kennel cough) shots ~ they do great in Cindy's truck, they don't like the vet though (not many of our "babies" DO though do they???)  well Lares is about 52 lbs and Draco is about 48 lbs.  they put a muzzle on Lares because the vet said he had "funny eyes" (they are a really, really pale amber kind of "glowy" they are so light) and was worried he would bite her..well, it wasn't Lares she should have worried about, it was Draco (evil laugh inserted here) well, the FIRST mistake they did was turn Draco away from where he could see his brother... that was a NO . ..Draco snarled at the vet even through the muzzle... Draco NEVER snarls... or even attempts to bite, but because he couldn't see Lares and Lares was raising a fit like you would not believe because he thought Draco was being hurt ~ anyway, Draco finally got his shots and put down, once he was down and able to touch, sniff, etc. his brother it was fine, from that point on all they wanted was OUTTA there and back into the safety of the truck...whew..they were so glad to get home.
Okay, that's enough for now.  I'm brain tired. Still feel weepy...(sigh) I'm just getting old aren't I? 
Blessings*
 
 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

we got our windows done last year and you will not believe the difference..the sound of silence ..ahhhh!
Sorry you've been feeling down..i am fighting the feeling today too...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

We just took one of our dogs to the vet also.  We were worried about a lump that has formed by her ribs, the vet says it is just a fatty tumor, not anything we have to worry about.  But she is 10 years old, which is quite old for her breed (weimerimer) Poor old girl.  I did the meme you tagged me for, not sure if you got the alert or not!  Have a great day getting plants and hopefully planting them.  It is really cold here again, we even had a dusting of snow last night.  YUCK!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I don't know how old you are, but could you be going through the change?  When you said hormones...I assume you were thinking maybe the same thing.  The story about the vet and your babies was wonderful.  Aren't pets a great part of the family?
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I want to get some bouganvilla to put in front of my house.  Jesse is hemming and hawing about it, so I guess I'll just have to sulk til I get my way.....LOL

Sophie got her rabies and bortadella (kennel cough) last week, too.  Did you know the bortadella shot really isn't required unless your dogs will be around other dogs?  We only got it for her because she's the one that gets groomed.  We got it done at PetSmart, 'cause Tuesdays and Thursdays (from 2-4) they don't charge for the office visit - only the vaccines.....

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Awwwww hon, I'm sorry you are feeling sad, I'll send you a copy of me holding my awesome autographed picture from Jorja if you like, Let me know, thank you for the birthday card, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that the boys had such a rough time at the vet's office.  I imagine they're very protective of each other.  Would they be considered full grown yet?  
It's a little too early around here for plant shopping yet.  I've been drooling over some of the new seeds that are in the stores.  I'd like to plant some morning glorys next to the house and run some strings up the side.(of the house that is)  Bro says they won't grow here in MI, I say they will-we'll see about that!             If the depressed feelings go on too long, you'll go to the doctor's, right?  It could just be hormones.  Whatever it is, I hope you find your way through it and can smile soon.  Spring is a good season to look ahead.
                                                     Hugz,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

((Hugs)) I'm so sorry your heart is heavy these days hon. I usually disappear into a corner pull Pickles close to me and concentrate on her breathing and nearness to get myself grounded. I swear we are reading off the same to do list for our homes, we are planning on getting the windows done in a few months. I want my front door changed. It's primarily glass now. The neighborhood is changing, I no longer feel safe with just a glass frame separating me from the outside. Pickles had her checkup and shots in Dec. Can you believe my 40 lb dog is now close to 60 lbs. The vet said she was muscular, not overweight, I have to keep an eye on here to make sure she doesn't gain much more. No problem there she is so energetic, I wish she would loan some of that energy to me at times. By the way I did enjoy doing the meme...shhh don't tell anyone!(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling so down and hope you get out of this funk soon...just so you feel better.  You have a Magnolia and Crepe Myrtle?  Love them!  Oh, the "V's" on on your house are called gables...I only know that because I worked for a Hurricane Inspector last yr.  Poor Draco & Lars, at least that chore is done for another yr.
Oh the work stuff : /  I don't have to tell you that some servers aren't the most reliable or responsible bunch.  My daughter taught me that...some don't show up for shifts, call in on a whim, and if they lose the job, they go somewhere else.  I suppose all you can do is avoid the young'n's and hang with the more responsible.
hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon Teresa.  I think life is just like that.  I have times where I feel low for no apparent reason, and then it passes, thankfully!  I think all animals hate going to the vet for some reason...I suppose it is like us going to the Doctors.  Not something I particularly like either!  I hope you have a lovely week.  Your garden sounds really nice.  I think you and Cindy must have a very cosy home there.
love,
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Feeling weepy?  Well honey, we should start a a club.  I've cried for days now.
Oh, I stole some of these graphics, and I wish you would tell me (like I'm a 2 yr old how to get them in the center of the entry like you have them.  I used to know how to do all that, but I've forgotten.  Old age I reckon.  LOL
Love you,
Connie

Anonymous said...

You are exactly right...AN INFECTION!!! That is JUST how it feels. --Love, Cin