Friday, June 13, 2008

                

Good Morning everyone !
Well, I'm feeling much better these last couple days, still coughing because my lungs still have the "crackles" in them and I seem to tire a lot easier.  Went to work yesterday for the first time for a full shift and by the time I was cut off of the floor I was having a hard time of it. But ~ I made it. So that's a good thing.
On the way home though that was bad ~ mainly because someone pulled out in front of me at a intersection and I clipped them, luckily I had seen them starting to pull into the path of traffic (they were coming from the opposite direction than I and were at a stop light right turn signal...one of those arrow thingies that flashes yellow meaning "yield to oncoming traffic, only make the turn if the path is clear" well, they didn't wait.  I had a concrete median to MY left and someone right on my butt, and two lanes of traffic to my right and I couldn't stop without creating another accident.  Anyway, I had been watching them as I approached the intersection and saw that they were going to pull across the intersection, I had managed to slow down a little bit, then they pulled fully in front of me making their turn and I had to really slam on the brakes, I managed to control my car enough to where it pulled only a little to the left (remember, someone was right on my bumper almost) there was oncoming traffic, a concrete median... so I only "bumped" them in the bumper area. I had to continue on and try to get over to the far right lane because I couldn't just stop in traffic... and there was no left turn lane to turn from in this part of the road. So I pulled over into the far right lane and pulled into a parking lot, got out checked what damage there was (believe me at this point I was in a little bit of shock) luckily, only the right turn signal light cover had been popped off with my bumping of this person's rear portion of car - if I had not been paying attention and saw this person start to pull in front of me I would have broadsided them because there would have been no way I could have stopped in time or avoided them. Anyway, I got my wits together got back in the car, pulled out of the parking lot and did a u turn at the next intersection and went back to where this had happened, there was no one there.  THAT pissed me off, the idiot.  Could have killed someone!!!!!  So I just came home.  I had my bluetooth on and had been talking to Cindy while this was going on and I had been so damn calm about the whole thing she didn't even know anything had happened!!  Until I said some asshole (excuse my language) had pulled in front of me and two other lanes of traffic and I had clipped them.  She didn't have time to talk "had people all over her" so I said "f**k it" to myself ::: you know what everyone? I never/rarely cursed until I was around Cindy & no I'm not complaining, it was I was brought up NOT to cuss, my mother would have whacked me upside the head for doing so ::: and I told her I was sorry to bother her and I'd talk to her later and I hung up.  So I drove home kind of numb in a way.  I was VERY lucky that it hadn't been worse, as it is it will cost about $25 to replace the right turn lane signal cover and that's all the damage that was done.  I guess it does pay to be a defensive driver doesn't it?  I sure as heck didn't feel like cooking dinner when I got home so I didn't.  I will cook tonight ~ Pork Butt Roast with homemade mashed potatoes and some kind of vegi. 
That's enough for now ~ going to go.  Hope everyone has a good day. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankgoodness you are alright ,your dinner sounds nice ,but what is pork but ? ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

so glad you are alright...  can't believe that ass didn't stop!  GRRR... hope you reported it anyway I'd hate for it to come back to you.
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Some drivers are such jerks, thinking they own the road.  I'm so glad you're okay.  Being a defensive driver is just good sense in this hurry up and get there world.  Hope you have a good day, keep getting better!
                                                        Smiles,  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your accident, but glad that your feeling better. Linda

Anonymous said...

I WOULD BE UPSET TOO..THAT DRIVER IS LUCKY YOU ARE SUCH A CAUTIOUS DRIVER YOURSELF OR AS YOU SAY COULD HAVE BEEN A WHOLE LOT WORSE...
GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you findally got that bug beat!  That jerk!  And don't worry about "language"  I'd talk that that when warrented as well.  I didn't curse until after my kids were grown except for an occsional "shit" when I burned dinner or drop something.  LOL~I suppose I say it quite a bit : )  hugs, Bethe

Anonymous said...

how many of you did that make think Cindy is an asshole????   heated debate over this topic.  of course I haven't had time to read journal till tonight cuz have been swamped at work and my internet settings have changed.  in my defense when I got free I did call and asked her if she was ok (although I don't remember her running to my rescue when I hit the deer).

Anonymous said...

and I am only one female that works with  26 men so yes I do curse like a sailor.  sorry honey

Anonymous said...

Glad you were not hurt and that the damage to your car was not worse either!!!  You are a lucky lady!  (((hugs))))  Just goes to show that defensive driving does pay!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/