Saturday, June 7, 2008

                           

Hello everyone.
I think this flu bug is finally lifting it's heavy load off of my chest!  This sucker has really walloped me and I feel weak as a newborn kitten.  I've had something like this before (if not the very same thing) about 4 years ago, at that time I was sick for a month and during that time I was in the emergency room  3 or 4 times because my fever would get so high for ex:  104* and going up and up ~ my lungs seized because the muscles were so sore from coughing that they had to give me sugar water with morphine via IV to help me breathe.  My fever this time got as high as almost 103* and my lungs didn't seize so that's a good thing right?
I've had my journal alerts off for a while since I've been ill ~ I wasn't able to go to the journal entries and read them, I didn't have the energy, my concentration is bad enough in the normal realm of things let alone running a fever and all the other hullabaloo that goes along with this flu, that's why there have been no comments from me the last couple weeks.
I'm very thankful I have a boss that is so very understanding, hopefully I will be back to normal by next Tuesday and I can get back to work and to some sense of normalcy.  I'm on all day shifts now so that's a good thing... I really, really dislike working the night shifts as you all know that  have read my journal long enough ~ can't stand the drunkenness and drinking that goes on at nights, not to mention the servers that work at night are very cliche - ey and think they are way above the day time servers, I could run circles around those young one's if they but knew it.
It's been extremely hot here the past 2 to 3 weeks...upper 90's and full humidity, it's awful, you can hardly breathe when you go outside and talk about draining??? it's like a blasted sponge.  Yes, you will hear me bitch and moan about the weather until it starts to change in late September LOL you know I hate the heat.
Lares and Draco, Heathen and Kizmet are doing well ~ the boys don't like the heat either, they go out to the run and do their "business" then they come right back in ~ they stay out a little longer first thing in the morning and for a little bit at night, the morning's are the coolest time because at night the heat just settles down hard and heavy.
Ok, I'm tired ~ typing this little bit has drained me forget even thinking about the "thinking" required.
Hugz*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your feeling a little better!  Keeping you in my thoughts.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I continue to keep you in my prayers on the smoke dear friend. Pickles can't stand the heat either. She's curled up under my computer looking forlorn and just wants to sleep. Can't say I blame her...I think I detest the heat more here in NY than I ever did in Fla., at least there I had the beaches to escape to. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are starting to feel better.  Now to get your strength back and enjoy your wkend girls : )  hugs, Bethe

Anonymous said...

Glad you are on the mend.  Sending good thoughts your way.  Feel better soon.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful graphic at the top of your entry!  Glad to hear that you're starting to feel better.  Keep it up.  We've had some heat and humidity here the last couple of days.  YUCKY!  Will keep sending some healing thoughts your way.  
                                                     Hugz,  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

Glad you are getting better...I know how hard it is to be sick when it's so damn hot and humid outside, and you have to take the animals out to do their business.  It's as hot as hell here too...you walk outside and you are immediately covered in a sheen of sweat.  I hate it.  Love the spring, and the winter.  Hate the summer and most of the fall because of the heat.  
Anyhoo...glad you are coming alive again sweetie!
Love ya!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you on the way to recovery.  Give it some time and don't try to do too much too soon.  Love ya!

Russ

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Teresa.  I hope you are completely back to normal soon.  I had viral pneumonia once and I know how bad it makes you feel!!  (((hugs))) The humid and hot weather can't be helping very much either!!  (I hate the stuff!)
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better hunny...
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/