Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hey it's me, without a music video LOL.  Sorry about that, I haven't felt like writing much of anything in depth.  With getting over the final stages of the flu, working, getting things caught up around here (home) I haven't felt like it.  You know me and that focus thing.
Cindy and I finally got the hallway finished pretty much, it's painted now and it looks really nice, my baby did a great job!!  there are a couple of areas that need touch ups but other than that and putting the door sills back up and replacing the door that covers the furnace and the a/c it will be finished - oh and putting up the rest of the hallway light. 
Today I'm waiting on the man to come and install the second window in the bathroom, the next window is one in Cindy's office then we are tackling the living room windows.  As far as the kitchen for big projects that's the next room where we are tearing out the paneling and putting up drywall and painting it.  Taking it one day at a time and not becoming a nervous wreck about it.
Work has been steady, not crazy so that's a good thing.  My boss has been gone on vacation for the past 10 days and just got back today... I knew he'd have a fit  lol.  The "newbies" have not been doing their jobs right and he finally saw it today.  To say the least my boss was not happy.  But he was really happy to see me and was glad I was feeling better.  Hopefully things will straighten themselves out with him being back.
Cindy has been really busy at work - and it's been really hot here.  Yesterday the temp in the building she works in got to 121 degrees with full humidity.  It's been almost as bad here... 100 plus degrees.  Draco and Lares don't even want to go out except for very quick potty calls.  They go out for longer periods in the evening when it get's cooler (80's is cooler).
Guess I will go for now.  Everyone take care***
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That graphic is the coolest!  I want to someday get a dragon tattoo....
Glad you guys got the painting done for the most part.  We had started remodeling here when Suz had her wreck, and we haven't been able to do anything since then.  We have paneling in the living room behind the couch, and all the mouldings and stuff are put away in the spare bedroom, as well as paint and other stuff.  Maybe one day we will get this livingroom/kitchen area finished.
Glad your feeling better dear friend...
Connie

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you can stand the heat that high!!!  Glad to hear that you are feeling better.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Love the Dragon!  I'd say he's cool(seem to be using that word alot today), but he looks ready to torch somebody!  It's good to hear that you've shaken the bug, and that things are moving right along in the remodeling.  I can't imagine being in that kind of heat, I'd melt!  Wait that might not be so bad.....
Well, stay cool(there it is again) and have a TGIF kinda day tomorrow.
                                                          Smiles,  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend coming up.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I haven' felt much like writing myself.  The mood comes and goes and I've been getting into PSP more than writing.  I'm glad you are feeling so much better and happy that even though work gets on your nerves, I found having a decent boss makes it worth staying.  hugsss,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Hiya Sweetie, Computer problems have kept me away and imprisoned in hell....glad to hear your finally feeling better. All the rain and damp air has me with the beginnings of a lung infection. I get them so easy these days. Glad I had the forsight to quit smoking. Sounds like the repairs are coming along nicely. We are starting ours in the beginning of July (figures right when my 43rd rolls around) due to Doc still working his teachers aid job until the end of June. Missed you in my absence dear sister of mine. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are finally feeling better Teresa.  We are still waiting for summer to hit here.  It's been quite rainy so far this year.  (but then again, that is England!)  I just hope that it's sunny when we go on our hols up north in July!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

just wanted to drop by and wish you happy Solstice!!
thanks for asking about me... ;-)
Lyn