Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike

Just to let you know I am worried to death about Ike... he's apparently set at the moment to come in around the Houston/Galveston area give or take...then it will sweep right up and over us.  They are saying that by the time it hits the coast it could be a upper category 3 to lower 4 hurricane.  From what I understand they are ordering mandatory evacuations from the Houston area and Galveston especially.  (all the gulf coast actually).  I called my best friend Terry in Houston this morning and I warned her about what was going on, she's on the way out the door to buy plywood to board up their house.  I told her if they weren't planning on leaving they needed to get a generator also.  We will see.  I will write later about what's going on.

To the Victims and Survivors of 9/11/01 ~ The Universe's Love is wrapped around all...here in spirit or flesh. Even though I don't know you...or didn't know you, you are in my thoughts.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

As they are in my thoughts this morning also.  

keep yourself safe.

                                                              Hugs,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh...thinking of you over here in NY.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Your in my thoughts and prayers on the smoke hon!

This is a day that will be remembered for generations to come, a very solemn one...(Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

It looks like Ike is gonna cause some havoc.  I'll keep you in my prayers!
Missie

Anonymous said...

May the love and protection of the Great Spirit surround you and keep you safe. Blessings and lots of hugs, Dannelle

Anonymous said...

You been in my thoughts.  I'm glad you are on high ground & I hope your friends get somewhere safe.  Blessings and hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the typo. Me don't sound like me have much school.  Well, it's like, you know?  LOL!  I really do not talk like that.  I just don't catch the typo's with my bad eyes. Just don't watch the news, and especially the Weather Channel all the time.  I get terribly nervous listening to them.  Its all about DRAMA!  Still, take good care~you'll be ok.  Keep us updated.  Hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww hon, praying Ike turns somewhere else and misses Texas, Love You Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ike is not a pretty storm.  I can't believe how big it is.  It nearly covers the whole Gulf of Mexico.  I am praying for all in it's path.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I hope it's not as bad as they are predicting, but I'm afraid it will be.  You take care babe, and I will be asking The Lady to keep a watchful eye over you and yours...
Love you,
Connie

Anonymous said...

I am praying that it won't be as bad as they are predicting Teresa,
(((hugs)))
marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I know you'l be ok. I just know it ok?
Love ya, Gaz xx