Friday, September 12, 2008

More Ike

Another note !
(yes, I'm freaking)
Hurricane Ike is 700 miles wide !!!! The Eye of the storm is 350 miles in, then the eye, then another 350 miles of this storm.
I cannot stress how dangerous this thing is...it's going to be hitting the oil refinery's there, it's going to cause so much damage it's terrifying. This means the prices of gas are going to be affected quite a bit.  All I can say is unless the people that didn't evacuate Galveston have a angel's hand on their shoulders they are going to either die or lose everything.
They have closed the port of Houston...how this affects us? it is the 2nd largest port in the country i.e. food supplies etc. come in on this port, the 1st largest port is New Orleans. With this storm?  The boats won't even be able to get into the Port of New Orleans because of the sheer size of the storm.  It doesn't all come via trucks...it has to be brought in from somewhere and because so many of our products and food etc. come from other places the easiest way is via the sea.
The idiots that run the gas stations are price gauging! They should be arrested. 
Ok, I'm going now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Teresa)))  I can't imagine facing something like that.  Give me a  blizzard anyday!  
I'm keeping your little family in my thoughts and prayers.  The whole area, too.

                                                                     Keep Safe,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww hon, praying for you and your family, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I heard about the price gauging.  That shouldn't be allowed!  Everyone is in my prayers.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I've now caught up......... Let me know what's going on.
Love ya, Gaz xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you and yours dear friend!
Stay safe!
Love you!
Connie