Saturday, September 20, 2008

update

                   

 

Bright the day to everyone, I hope this day dawns for you with hope and faith in heart...as the graphic states, with peace within.
First of all on the chapters in this entry...
Ike !
We survived him though many, many did not. He left some kind of lasting effect on most everyone in his path ~ whether it was a fallen tree, flooding or a loss of a home ~ electricity etc. etc.
Galveston and the surrounding counties on the coast are still very disrupted by his temper (Ike's).  Nature is like that, when we as humans least expect it, Mother Nature shows we as humans have absolutely no control over Her.  There are many evacuee's still in this area, especially from the Houston/Beaumont area.  These people don't have homes to go back to, or they don't have water or electricity or it's still flooded.  The animals are still suffering also, the furred one's that weren't able to be taken (cattle, horses, goats, sheep etc.) even if they have survived the storm itself they are having difficulty finding fresh water & food; no fresh water, hence they are drinking the salt/brackish water and it is killing them.  Or the one's that are not able to find a dry area to forage in or stand in are getting hoof rot. Many, many things are here in the aftermath of Ike.
In this area (Ike and his "eye") passed right over us, left many  without electricity till yesterday and even today there are one's that still don't have fresh running water or electricity, sadly these are in the more remote rural areas where the electric companies haven't been able to get to yet.
Keep these poor soul's in your prayers/blessings/thoughts or whatever you choose to have your Spirit associated with.  I am.
Second Chapter ~
Work, it's driving me mad ~ yesterday I almost walked out.  I didn't.  I remained the somewhat responsible, mature individual and stayed the course.  What I am going to do though is discover and remember what all else I can do and find another job pertaining to it.  I can't deal with the garbage that's going on there anymore ~ 98% of the original people there have left.  It's going down the hill fast and it's not the economy (though yes, it has had it's effect on us) the main reason is poor management and the greed of the corporation itself.  Sadly poor Cindy has been having to bear the brunt of my grumpiness and wracked nerves when I get home.  We had a discussion last night and we are ok.
Heathen is doing fine, as he can anyway.  His spirits are wonderful most of the time, he has his spells where he's not feeling well, but he has, so far...snapped out of them.  He's been playing with me, with Kissy (his furry "Sis" and tormentor).  I hope he maintains as he is and even gets better even though I know he will never recover the use of his back legs.  His heart is huge though and his will to "be" is even more so.
Third Chapter
The weather!!!!  Fall is coming!!! you can see me dance a jig in your mind if you want.  The weather has been in the upper 50's to middle 60's in the evening and the cool weather lasts till around elevenish then it starts warming, it's only gotten to the low to mid 80's which I am so very thankful for. 
Don't forget September 23rd (for some the 22nd) is the Autumn Equinox...the official beginning of Autumn.  Like I mentioned in a earlier entry I hope to be able to write a entry (from the viewpoint of my spirituality) close to that date.
Lares and Draco are doing wonderfully and thoroughly enjoying this beautiful weather.
I guess I will be going for now, I'm sure that I'vemissed things I wanted to write but at the moment my focus is dissipating.
I haven't gotten around to many of the journals lately, for that I apologize, it's been nuts, I have been too upset or something has/is in the way.
Blessings*
 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad for the updates, missed hearing from you. I need some internal PEACE so I guess I better work on it! My prayers for all. Too many tales of life being disrupted over Ike and really not much national coverage on the truth. Blessings and hugs, Dannelle

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you are doing good.  Sorry about your job being so stressful, I hope that you will be able to find something new soon.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Awwww hon I have missed you and I do understand the job stress, hope things get better for you, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

You've been miserable at that job for a long time. I think making a change will be a good thing for you!  There is nothing worse than dreading going to work.
Glad Heathen is still hanging in there!!  I've been watching the news and it's so sad to see all those houses destroyed...and those poor people!  I feel so sorry for them!
Love you!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to hear that you are a survivor of Ike.  It's a terrible tragedy for everyone, but especially for the poor animals that can't help themselves.  I hope you are able to find another job.  It sounds like you are truly miserable at the one you have.  Sending good vibes for another path.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you survived Ike.  I love Autumn too!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

There is nothing worse than the wrath of Mother Nature. We should realy try and not piss her off anymore than we have done. I am so sorry to here that work's still crap for you. I am going through the same thing at the moment. We should chant together, 'we hate work!'
At least you have Cindy when you gert home, I'm glad she's there for you and so understanding.
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you weathered Ike without too many problems.  I've seen so many photos of the livestock actually floating in the Gulf.  Sooo sad!  So sorry work is going downhill.  You obviously are trying to "hang in", but sometimes it's also necessary to move on.  It's been a long time since you had "a good day at work".  give Heathen a hug from Mau'i & I.  Blessings,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that you made it through Ike safe and sound Teresa!  My prayers were with you, Cindy and the critters!
love,
marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

thank god you're okay! i was seriously going to track down a phone number for you!  I was truly worried...I have a friend in beaumont and have't heard from him but my guess is he just evacuated...
hugs to you my fellow autumn lover!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Ike's wrath will be evident for a long time to come.  Glad you and Cindy and all the fur babies are okay.
I hope things get better work-wise, these are tough times.
                                                                                      :)  Leigh