Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chit Chat

 Tag by Chris at Cab's Creations :)

 

Good evening everyone :)  Hope this entry finds most of you happy, healthy and wise :)  I'm sitting here waiting on my Cindy to get home from work, have dinner cooked already...rib sticking food... Fried Pork Chops, Potatoes, Green Beans and Biscuits :)  Sounds good doesn't it?  well, it does to me & Pork Chops are something She loves.  She is having to work a little late tonight being as it is almost the end of the month and is having to tie up some loose ends as far as paperwork is concerned, poor baby sounded so tired and aggravated on the phone.  Well, the Babies (puppies & cats) and I will be here waiting for her when she gets home.

I have all day shifts this week, have a double to pull on Saturday though, it won't be too bad. 

Last night we had a heck of a thunderstorm system move through this area, tornado watches were included...the storm started about 1:30 a.m. and was still going at 6 a.m.  I couldn't sleep well, the puppies were acting up and between them and just the flashes of lightning continualy flashing through the window's in the bedroom I just couldn't get the rest I wanted.  Cindy says she was aware of the storm, yet I still heard her soft little snores LOL.  I finally got up at my usual time (5:00 a.m.) too take the puppies out for their potty call, then I come in start Cindy's breakfast, pour myself some coffee and go outside to have a smoke. (Yes, I've tried in the past to quit smoking but it's damned hard and to put it bluntly, I like smoking : x)  I'm guessing I will quit when I am ready and not before so I'm not stressing about it.  Same thing with the diet I was going to try with Cindy...I wasn't ready for it - and if you are not ready for something like that it's useless to try.  I think I've lost a few pounds at this job anyway, so that's a good thing. ANYWAY, after my smoke I come in, finish her breakfast, get it all wrapped up and ready for her to take with her so she can eat it in her truck before she goes into her workplace.  She loves it :)  I love taking care of her.. She's my heart :)

Anyhoo... Monday was a stressful day here for Cindy and her Mom, I will write about that in a future entry ~ maybe tomorrow.  It won't be along entry, it will actually be pretty short, but that's the only way it can be.

Going to get going now, Cindy is getting ready to leave work and I want to have everything ready for when she gets here..

Wind to ALL thy Wings**

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theresa , your dinner sounds yummy !!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the rest of your week, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

You just made me hungry!!!  
Hope your evening was wonderful
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Pork chops...mmmmmm, I haven't had a pork chop in ages. Since we had pigs, I think. I may just have to make that same supper this week. --Cin

Anonymous said...

You do take good care of that gal of yours!  I quit smoking 18 yaers ago now, after having smoked about a pack for 17 years of my life. One of the hardest things I ever had to do and I discovered a whole new person afterwards (weight gain that is, lol)  I don't regret it though...although you are right... you have to want to do it for yourself.  
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of bacon, ham and pork rinds -- but never the chops.  Guess you'll have to cook me some for dinner and make me a total fan of da pig!!  LOL!  ;)

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Would those be...FRIED potatoes?  

:-D  

Yeah yeah, I'm food obsessed...LOL

We got some decent storms, too.  Wiped out the power for an hour and a half.  I thought I was going to die from the lack of A/C...I'm such a baby.

~Amy

Anonymous said...

dinner was wonderful and my wife is the best.  I'm rrrreeeeaaallll lucky to have her.  I love you

Anonymous said...

Your dinner sounded yummy!!  Have a good one.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Your dinner sounds great, I love fried pork chops, its my favorite meat, Deanna
http://journals.aol.com/coopsbaby/the-right-to-die/

Anonymous said...

Dinner sounds delicious!! Your a wonderful wife to Cindy I only hope I can be half that to Doc. It's been raining everyday here and will for 10 days straight except for Sunday. I'm sorry to hear Cindy and her Mom have been having some stress. Give her a hug from me and tell her to hang in there. (Hugs for you both) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Me confused, our language is clashing. Biscuits are cookies to us, you had them with your main course?
You are such a wonderfull wife to Cindy and I know she knows she's lucky to have you.......... Keep up the smoking if you want too and give up when ready ok?
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

I wish I could quit smoking...it is hard I did for awhile..but I have to have something..LOL..have a great weekend! Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Cindy is indeed very lucky. I didn't quit smoking until the ride down to Yale for a cardiac bypass(open herart surgery) and didn't go on a diet until my doc gave me 5 years or less to live. I really understand about waiting until one is ready. Just wish I had been ready sooner. Love, Margo
PS This was a comment on my life and NOT a dig at yours! When I re-read it it sounded a bit snarky. M