Monday, April 9, 2007

Things and Thoughts -

This artwork is called "Fairy resting in the cold" by a wonderful artist by the name of Lia Saile.
 
There are times when I want to write, yet I can't or I think too much and I talk myself out of it ~ I have a pattern of holding everything inside of me most of the time, habits learned from long ago ~ so long ago that the memory of WHY I became this way is lost in the times of my past. I am writing today because I am attempting to break one of the holds that my past has taught me and protected me with.
It has been a bit over a week since my last entry (does this sound like confession to you? it does bring back memories of my mother's catholic phase and the 1st time they "attempted" to make me go to confession to a man that was called a "priest" and I told him I wasn't going to tell him anything; to me, he was male - therefore definitely NOT to be trusted and a stranger to boot)  even in that time my trust of males was non existent for the exception of my grandfather who I thought I loved and who did love me in his own way - yet as I grew older the love was more tinged with fear and as I grew older still - how much he had attempted and DID manipulate his oldest grandchild - that was one of the times of my life where I gained more control of "self" and a loss of rose tinted glasses when it came to my mother's family.  I trust no male completely, nor will I ever I believe.
For you gentlemen out there that kindly read this, please do not take this personally against you... these are just meanderings and remembering's of my own past experiences.
Yet ~~~~ they still control me to some point to this day in a aspect or another.  The waves that were causedin time, the portals of crossings & nuances still overlap each other no matter how many years are added onto my time I have existed in this place.
Yes, everyone has felt pain, betrayal, anger, sense of loss ~ but this journal is about me and my experiences...not everyone else's - so if this is true why do I feel the guilt in admitting, acknowledging, remembering these things ?
I don't know, but I don't feel like I should - feel guilty that is.
Yet I do.
Some people have even attempted to sway me into thinking that my distrust and anger are the reasons that I am a lesbian.
No.
This is not the case.
That I DO know well enough about myself.
 
My Spiritual self, my journey in that sphere has been tumultuous at best - I have bounced around (not always by my choice, some of this was my mother's whim of not being able to find her own belief, her dragging me with her in her own journey.)
What I have seen/noticed/absorbed is that with most "Christian" precepts of that belief, is that THAT belief is often impressed upon one with fear.  My pardon to those that are of that belief, my words are not meant to cause hurt or anger.  These words are merely my own experiences.  My journey to finding my own Spirit, my own Spirituality is uniquely my own, much as many of you, the readers of this journal, have your own.  Even the lack of a "religion" persae is a form of Spirituality in my own thinking.  If I were to believe in any aspect of Christ, it would be the ideals that come from "The Gnostic Gospels" than any written in the current bible.  But again, that is MY own thought, not anyone else's.
I am going to get off of this/these subject(s) now because I don't wish to bore you or alienate any of you; and yes, I realize I am somewhat disjointed today, my thoughts are mercurial at the moment, never know what will pop out when I'm in this frame of mind.
 
On with the day to day things that are going on... Cindy is still working her butt off (I adore her butt, she has such a attractive butt ) and this week will be even harder on her because of some things that are going on in her workplace and even MORE responsibility will be placed on  her shoulders, not that She can't handle it...She is fully capable. (Yes, I adore her shoulder's too).  We had a day together yesterday and it was a very nice day... with my new work schedule and her's too, I see her for about 15 minutes every morning (I get up at 5ish a.m.) to fix her breakfast (I want to make sure she eats) then we talk on the phone on her way to work, when I'm not having to work thru lunch myself, I talk to her for about 45 minutes on her lunch break and then depending on if I am working a dinner shift, I talk to her when she get's off of work a little after 6 p.m. till she get's home, we eat dinner, watch some TV, play with the puppies and love on the cats...then it's bedtime around 9ish (if I'm home) if I'm work, I don't get home till about 10, so she's in bed...tho she does try to stay up to see me .  We both have long days and short nights, but we have each other and that's what counts.
Yesterday we got up and went to breakfast, then grocery shopping...came home and I took a nap (luv naps) while she played James Bond on her computer (help's get rid of her stress) and then we had a shower together (wyked grin, was THAT nice), dressed, went to dinner with a couple of friends, came home and went to bed and cuddled till we fell asleep.  It was wonderful.  I love my wife with all my heart and soul.
 
I hope everything is going fine with all of you - hopefully I will be able to start my journal commenting again on a more regular basis soon since things are evening out with my new work schedule.
 
One other note, if any of the jokes etc. that I forward my regular readers bother you or you don't want them, please let me know... can I ask one thing?  let me know nicely, not with meanness or abruptness, I wouldn't do that to you and I hope you wouldn't do that to me.  Coldness following a attempt of just passing along humor or things I thought you might be interested in are unwanted.  In other words, if you can't be nice? you are not worth my time to begin with.
 
Wind to thy Wings all, I love each and all of you.
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can reflect , even search our inner thoughts about why we are the way we are....But in the end, guilt should never play a part. Sometimes events in our lives end up deciding what steps in this dance of life we will take. But it is our hearts that dance the beauty of our inner souls. Hon, I love you just the way you are, your expectations, your pain, sorrow, joy.......they are all of you. Someday I hope your able to accept , instead of questioning the way you are. I know Cindy and most of your friends have come to that place with you. I also know that is easier said than done.........I'm here if you should ever need to talk. As for the jokes you send, you give me a smile each time you do. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't you stop sending me those jokes! That penguin cracked me up yesterday.
And this is your journal so you go ahead and say as much or as little as you like. You express yourself very well and I love reading about you and Cindy and the pets. Your daily life is much more interesting than Britney's latest meltdown. And I know what you mean about distrusting men. I went through many years of that and still have my moments of rage and distrust. I've been lucky to have some really good men in my life in the past 20 or so years. Take it at your own pace....you have a whole lifetime to figure these things out and you have the safety of a loving relationship now. Write when the mood hits. --Cin

Anonymous said...

Don't EVER stop sending me your jokes and thoughts.  I love them.  The jokes always crack me up.  I love hearing about this wonderful relationship you and Cindy have.  Some people spend a lifetime searching for what you have together,  and never find it.  Bless you both.  We are all on our own spiritual journies. It is a highly personal thing and I don't believe it can or should be labelled.  To each their own.  I applaud you for having your own convictions and standing by them!  ((((HUGS))))
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Never stop sending jokes, they are sent to make others smile and laugh!
I have no idea what happened to you when you were younger to give you such a distrust of men, but it always makes me laugh inside when people say, oh, you must be gay because of blah blah that happened to you when you were a kid and that made you gay. That's why you hate men. Well, I think you and I know why we are gay more than most people and it has nothing to do with the way we were bought up, or what happened to us when we were younger. I was, let's say, 'befriended' by an older man when I was young, I wont go into it, but I was young and it scared the shit out of me for years, as it happened again and again. Now by the way others think, I would most definatly NOT be gay now. It was my young curiosity that made me go back for more as I new I was diffrent. Unfortunatley I was made out to be the guilty party as I 'made him do it' ....... Try not to hate all men, we aren't all the same, I promise you.
Hugs Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the first part of your entry.  :-/

Beautiful graphic....I can feel the sadness in it....

XOX...

~Amy

Anonymous said...

S'heart there could never be enough words nor time to tell you how much I love you.  How I love waking up to you every day, how I know I go home to you every night.  I know sometimes we get to wrapped up in day to day life to slow down and appreciate what we have, but know that I am thankful that of all the women in the world you chose me to spend it with.   I love you.

Anonymous said...

hello..I haven't been getting your alerts but I have reset them now so hopefully I will ... anyways I just wanted to say hi...
hugs
lyn