Thursday, April 26, 2007

Remembering Shyanne...

This is Shyanne - She was a beautiful, vivacious 7 year old, She loved people, My Little Ponies, Barbie's, Roses, Frogs - all kinds of things. The mouse on her arm here is "Mickey".
She was Cindy's Niece - they were extremely close, Shyanne was extremely close to her Grandmother also.
When Shyanne was 7 - a teenage drunk driver hit her on her bike and killed her instantly.  The drunk driver showed no remorse, never said he was sorry, his family didn't either.  A few months after Shyanne's murder, he and his family moved to another part of the state where not long after he was again driving drunk and hit a vehicle, killing the child in that accident also.  In neither of these cases he was never really given any kind of punishment for his crime.
April 23rd is the anniversary of her passing & each year it's just as hard for Cindy and her Grandmother when this time comes.
Shyanne would have been 17 years old this year.
Please, if any of you ever THINK about driving drunk? Please don't.  Think about the lives you may save by not doing so, if not your own.
 
This entry is not meant for any other purpose than to introduce someone who was a very important and LOVED part of a few people's lives.
She is missed today as much as the day she was taken away 10 years ago.
 
Thank you for listening.
<DIVALIGN=CENTER> 
 
Thank you Donna for creating this Tag for me, it is so very, very appreciated.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

thoughts and prayers are going out to all of you... so tragic.
hugs
d

picture disappeared tho...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the loss of this beautiful little girl!! Wishing you, Cindy and her grandmother love and peace in this time of rememberance. The man who did this, will pay for what he did.........((Hugs)) Love You Indigo

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of Cindy and her mom and Shayne tonight, and knowing that the drunk driver will face her sometime, in some way, and feel and truly understand the pain he has caused for so many. Blessings on all of you. Margo

Anonymous said...

Theresa, I am so sorry about the loss of Shyanne, what a beautiful little girl she was, I think it is awful that the drunk driver who hit her never got punished and then ended up hitting another child, Hugs to you and Cindy and Cindy's mom , Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

How awful!!  That drunk driver would be in a world of pain and nightmares if I had any say in the matter.  

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

It is tragic when a child dies, but even more so when it is at the hands of an irresponsible person such as the one who hit Shyanne.  I think any person caught drunk driving should get a jail sentence automatically and they should never be allowed to drive again ... ever.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Thank you for calling it murder. I am so sorry. I don't know how the survivors (Cindy & Grandma & anyone else who loved this little girl) cope. My heart goes out to all of you.
Love,
Cin

Anonymous said...

This truly sickens me. It also annoys me that so many people think that it will never happen to them. To me it is the same as any other murder and the penalty should match the crime.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

Simple, you drive drunk, you kill, you go down for life...... NEVER to be let out. Suffering in jail for the rest of your rotton life.
I cannot understand the mentality of someone that would drink and drive, not even one glass.
I hope he burns in hell........... Gaz

Anonymous said...

I, too, have lost friends and family to drunk drivers.  I am so sorry for the loss of everyone who has had to die such a senseless death as this.  To me, the ones who are stupid enough to drink and drive need to be put UNDER the jail!

Hugs and prayers,

Susan

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful...so sorry for Cindy's loss!!!  Sorry haven't been around I have not gotten a single alert for your journal and i have hit the dang alert button every time I come by!  Hope all is well with you..couldn't sleep so I thought i would check some of the journals that i hadn't been getting alerts for!  Big hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

wow that is incredibly sad... i am behind on my alerts.. I Shyanne was a beautiful little spirit who left this earth way too soon..
Lyn