Sunday, April 22, 2007

Thinking

This Photograph is called "Stolen" by "andrewfphoto".
 
Something, just something called to me as soon as I looked at this beautiful and to me, haunted looking little one.  I'm not sure exactly what it is~ is it merely a reflection of myself as a child?
Look into her eyes and what do you see? what does her mouth say? her face? what age old wisdom do you see in her wise, yet young & innocent face? to me, it also says - "I'm so far away from you that you can't touch me, no not really" .  Is it a look of expectation? resilience? bravery? or just - you are a stupid adult, what do you truly know?
Brings to mind a passage from the movie "The Crow" with Brandon Lee.  He's standing there with his hand wrapped around the heroin warped out mother and he whispers in her ear to MAKE her listen (this is an approximate quote not exact) but it goes something like this :: Mother is the name of God on the lips and in the mind of all children, look into the mirror & what do you see...::: as he holds her arm and forces all the heroin that she has taken out of her arm.
Mother was not my God.  She was a devil's henchman. And yes, I know she is trying very hard to make up for it now. I'm trying, she's trying, yet I still wonder with this statement "Mom, it's just a little too late".
And then, I stop thinking about it again for awhile, I remember we have both failed at this Mother Daughter thing. We all deserve a second chance.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful photo. --Cin

Anonymous said...

She looks a little bit fearful to me and almost disbelieving...like are you kidding?  I'm glad that you are working at building a relationship with your mom.  (((hugs)))
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

The picture projects a 'leave me alone - you've hurt me enough' vibe to me...

some thing ARE too little too late.  :-/

::hugs::

~Amy

Anonymous said...

You said it all perfectly.

Russ

Anonymous said...

The Crowe is my all time favorite movie!! I absolutely love it!! As for Mother , Daughter relationships........I haven't seen my own mother since I was 16, 25 years later, I don't believe I ever will change my mind on that issue. But all in all , I'm trying desperately not to have "that" relationship with my daughter. In the end all we can ever do is be the person we are meant to be. I do hope perhaps there is some hope for you and your Mom. If she is making an effort, perhaps she does see where she went wrong. That's something only you truly know. I'm here dear friend as always! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I think the girl in the phot, has a deep down sectret she will hide for ever....... I have never seen the Crow, but want to after this entry.

Gaz

Anonymous said...

Well put!  Been there done that and understand what you mean! Hugs,TerryAnn