Thursday, April 19, 2007

Is one death more or less than any other?

Hello Everyone   I hope this morning finds everyone in some semblance of peace.
I've come to the conclusion (Pt. XXXVII) <chuckle> ::in case you are wondering I've come to this conclusion many times before, it's just something else happens in this world that increases the # of conclusions::
That this world is truly screwed up.  I know there are many, many "unscrewed up" people out there, but the # that are? it's increasing on a hourly basis.  Take this situation and tragedy that has happened in Virginia.. from what is being discovered, there were warning signs and have been for quite awhile about this young man's instability and rage.  It was a situation of it was either ignored or dealt with fear on individual basis.  I can understand that, I know if someone made me feel that afraid or cautious I would tend to avoid or hmmm what's the word~~pet the anger~~ and hope it doesn't look at you in the dead of the night when you are sleeping? I don't know if that makes sense but I know what I'm trying to say... It's a very sad, tragic thing that happened, the loss of all those lives and the pain the families & friends are dealing with.
What I am about to say next may seem insensitive, but truly it is not meant to be that way, I am not attempting in any way to trivialize what has happened in any sense. BUT - other than the fact that one sick, haunted individual did these murders, what makes those deaths different than a mother or father lost because of a drunk driver? or a son or daughter lost because of the same? a mother to breast cancer or ovarian cancer? a father to prostate cancer? a heart attack? the victims of 9/11?  the victims of the suicide bombers in Iraq (the Muslims)? and our own soldiers...each death in anyone's life is just as important and worthy of the same grief as those 32 (33 if you include the shooter) people have received.
Better yet... there are flags flying at half staff all over this country -- what is stopping this country from flying the flags at half staff for EVERY member of our military that is lost in this senseless war in Iraq? Are THEIR deaths of any less value than our men and women dying there?  Why don't we do that for them?  Believe me, the pain and sorrow felt by the soldiers families is just AS important as those 32.  You know what? I don't understand Bush - I don't understand the governments hiding of the caskets of our soldiers coming back from the Wars in Afghanistan, Iraq... of the lack of coverage of this outrage and this sorrow.  The difference is, is that the media latched onto this incident in Virginia and the government wasn't able to hide from it or act like it isn't happening or lie to us more about something that could not be denied in their minds.  There WAS no way to hide it.  I wonder if Bush or the Government even really cares beyond the grandstanding or the expressions of sorrow... what makes those 32 lives any less important than the thousands/millions of lives that are lost in this world every day? Well, to me - there isn't one.
Every death that occurs, is just as important to each and every family.
I hope that doesn't sound too rambling or disjointed to be understood.  I'm just not certain how to say what I am feeling. So I will move on to other things now.
 
Things are going fine here, Cindy is ill with a cold   poor Baby... She's on her way home from work as we "speak" - She tried to go in and work and She isn't going to make it so She's coming home where her a** is getting into bed and staying there today.  I have to go to work today for a few hours but I will be coming home and taking care of her.
Lares and Draco are doing well, growing like weeds - they are 18 weeks old now.  Heathen and Kizmet (kissy) are happy and healthy too...
Work for me has been crazy and busy; Hence the not writing in my journal - I've gotten caught up on my comments (I think) in other's journals...I tried to read at least just one in each. 
Going to go for now, hope all is fine with everyone.
Wind to thy Wings*
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great Thursday.
Missie

Anonymous said...

You are right, honey. Every death is as important as the next. The difference is that the media can milk this for awhile. Tragedy sells. $$$$ The survivors and the friends and family members who are grieving will have an even tougher time of it because of media sensationalism and having this shoved in their faces every minute. Been there. Bad scene.
But right at this moment, I am just hypnotised by the sparkly graphic. Cool! --Cin

Anonymous said...

The beginning of your entry sounds like me.  Whenever I say "I've been thinking.......", Jesse says "Oh, no..."  :)

hope Cindy feels better soon....

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Wow at last someone who has put it into context, ALL loss is sad, where ever it may be or how it's caused.
I hope Cindy is feeling a little better.......... Keep wel both love Gaz x

Anonymous said...

I haven't been following the VT massacre on tv, nor have I been reading anything online or off about it. Why? Definately not from a lack of compassion........as you said every death has meaning and sorrow, every life counts. I'm just sick of the media sensationalism that is an everyday horror show these days. Have they even stopped for one moment and thought of those poor parents who are getting bombarded with these images day and night of the murder of their own children? These parents have enough rage, sorrow and pain mourning the loss of a child without having this media slash horror to remind them. Thank you for pointing out the importance of every life not just a few. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hi Theresa, I found you journal on Missie's journal , you seem like an awesome girl, I put you on my journal alerts and I have a journal too if you would like the link let me know, hope Cindy feels better, Have a good weekend, Lisa , let me know if you would like my journal link, my email is Lisa41076@aol.com