Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Morning madness

 
How is everyone this new day?  Here?  it is raining, nicely... a few lightning flashes and occasional bouts of thunder but I love this weather as any of you who have been reading my journal knows this about me   It leaves me with a feeling of contentment & relaxation.  The other night we had a bad thunderstorm roll through this area, woke both Cindy and I up at about 1:25 a.m. it hailed like you would not believe, of course I had to go outside and stand under the carport and watch the hail fall and see the lightning flash and hear the thunder boom.  Some of the hail balls were about a inch wide, if there were any bigger than that I didn't see them.  We did worry about the hail damaging Cindy's truck or because of the way the wind was blowing and the hail was falling, that it would crack one of the windows in front of the house ~ but ~ nothing happened like that   then of course, it took forever for us to fall back asleep, but we did.  We were both a little tired the next day but it was ok.  Then, this past Saturday morning on the way to work it started to snow, it was fantastic!  It was just flurries, but it lasted about 2 hours total I think, everyone at work was so excited about it, the customers were also.  The conditions were just right for it to happen and it did.  I enjoyed it immensely.
We have a huge Wisteria plant in our front yard in between a huge oak tree and a huge pine tree, it's like the tree's shelter it, (there are a lot of wild Wisteria plants in this area as well as most of the homes in this area have them in their yards) they were all blooming in a riot of color - love that soft bluish lavender that they are.  They always did remind me of bunches of grapes hanging from the stems.  The Dogwood tree's were also blooming - white ones and pink ones.  Dogwood's were my great grandmother's favorite flower.  We also have Iris's planted in the front of the house (which are blooming) and a old rose bush that was planted by the former owners that isblooming.  It's just beautiful 
Oh, the ranches and farms that are all out where we live?  there are baby calves and baby horses all over the place... it's really neat.
 
Cindy and I had a nice quiet evening last night- I cooked dinner, Salisbury Steaks w/ gravy, made from scratch macaroni and cheese, Italian Style Green Beans and Cracklin' Cornbread.  It was very good.  Then we watch a little TV and played with the puppies, then went to bed.  We were both pretty tired.  Got up this morning and fixed Cindy's breakfast and sent her on her way to work with love and kisses & telling her to be careful driving in the rain.
 
Enough for now...Wind to thy wings...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about yours and Cindy's life together.  You're a couple of special ladies and it sounds you are meant for each other.  Just wonderful!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
PS I love thunder and lightening storms as well, although I do prefer to enjoy them indoors!

Anonymous said...

We are enjoying the babies around here, too: horses and sheep mostly here in the mountains; cattle in the valley.
My family loves "weather" too and we often go out on the porch to enjoy it "close up." Thunder and lightning is my favorite.
Enjoy your day off.--Cin

Anonymous said...

Cracklin' cornbread?!  Yes, please  :)

We had some pretty decent weather too but no snow :-/

~Amy

Anonymous said...

I used to enjoy the rain all the time, now I can't hear it so I naturally love it when if thunders and lightnings because not only can I see it, I can feel it. Give Cindy a hug for me. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I thought Salisbury Steak was just a frozen TV dinner thing -- I had no idea it was a real thing people cooked in a real kitchen!!!  

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Well, our weather this weekend was warm and sunny, not like our usual Easter holidays where it usualy pours! Yours is the second blog I have read about wisteria this evening, or am I going mad?
You and Cindy sound like me and my man, so in love and enjoying each others company.
Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you two had a great day together....love the graphic Sweet!  We are gonna get snow here..raining right now...but soon snow..what the heck!  Hope your weekend is awesome!  Hugs,TerryAnn