Saturday, October 27, 2007

Blah, blah, blah and I so really want to kick someone's butt...

 
Hello all :)  Hope everyone is ok... I seem to say that a lot in my entries lately, I need to get some brain mojo going and attempt to find some other way to open an entry.
Things are going o.k. here, everything thing seems to be per "usual" -
Work is picking up, yet it's not if that makes sense.  The tips are freaking awful.  For example these people came in, a couple - they run up a $60 dollar tab on their dinner... they receive excellent service from me, order taken promptly, menu explained, drinks gotten right away...food arrived as it should, they had dessert, packed up what they didn't want for them to take home, in general, I ran my ass off for them... they leave me $2.00.  Can you believe that?  that is just one example.  Sometimes I think some of the people in this area just have no idea how to act or what etiquette when dining out consists of.  Out of that $2.00 you can figure a dollar going to my tip out (for a busser that doesn't buss my tables, I do it myself, for the bartender that I didn't receive anything from during the shift and for the hostess - the only one out of this mess that deserves any of my tip out is the hostess because she seats people in my section.)  So, I make actually less than a $1.00 out of that being as the rest goes for taxes.  It is supremely aggravating and discouraging...very, very.  I'm sorry that I'm complaining.  It has been that way all this week.  I'm thinking of finding another restaurant to work at, then I think the backwards idiots around here would just be there to and I might as well stay in one spot.  (insert BIG sigh)
Heathen is not feeling well and I'm really worried about him.  I've been watching him like a hawk.  I don't know if it's his diabetes or his kidneys or if he is trying to get a uterine infection ~ he is urinating, just doesn't seem to be doing it as much as he usually does (with his diabetes he tends to urinate quite a bit)  he won't lift his tail up, it's like it hurts him to do so...that cat ALWAYS has his tail up in the air.  It's been almost 3 days of this so far.  He is eating as he should, drinking water (maybe not as much as usual but he's drinking) his nose is cool and damp...he has been with me over 10 years, he's my very best friend and has helped me through some terrible times in my life.  I love him with all my heart, completely and absolutely.  Please say a little prayer for him for me?  My heart will break if something happens to him and I mean that seriously.  I don't know if any of you knows HOW serious.  He may not be a human being?  but in my mind and heart he's done more and given me more love in return than ANY human being out there.
The weather is still beautiful, I'm very glad that it's finally settled in and all.  This time of year always turns me more introspective and with a "turning inside" aspect of my thoughts.  Is that strange? 
Cindy's Dr. has no idea what the heck is going on with her wrist, he has put her on a steroid to attempt to figure out if it's the nerves or if it's the muscle, if it's in the muscle the steroid should work, if not they will have to think of something else.  She has another appointment on the 30th with another Doctor.  Good thoughts out there for her also ok? 
Alright, I'm out of here.  I will try to write again tomorrow and tell you more interesting details about my life  LOL.
Blessings*****************
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about loving a cat. I hope Heathen is just a little under the weather and will be his old self soon. I've noticed that my big black cat feels the seasons change and spends a lot of time sleeping this time of year.
Hope Cindy Feels better too! --Cin

Anonymous said...

Teresa, praying for Heathen and for Cindy and you too, Big Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

That's a great name for a cat! Hope he feels better soon and that Cindys wrist heals up..
happy sunday!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Glad you have perked up a bit. Good thoughts zooming across to Heathen and Cindy.
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

Our pets are just as important to us as the people in our lives and in many cases more important.  We love our Jess as if she were our child.  I would be devestated if anything happened to her.  Saying a prayer for your Heathen, and a prayer for you as well.  (((HUGS)))
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Adding some more prayers for Heathen and Cindy.  Hope your week goes better.
                                               Smiles,  Leigh