Monday, February 18, 2008

Blithering

      

 
Hello everyone ! 
Sorry I didn't get an entry in last week like I'd planned, work was crazy most of the week and when Valentine's Day hit it was a thorough madhouse.  Since this is a small town (it's not tiny by any means but it is small compared to some) most of what people do on the weekends etc. is to go out and eat ~ when it comes to holidays such as Valentine's or Christmas/Thanksgiving/Mother's Day well, they descend upon the restaurants in this town ~ madness I tell you.  Anywhoo, I had a couple of doubles last week as well as my regular shifts and I was just plain old down and out tired.  My brain didn't even want to think about thinking lol.
Took the "boys" out to be groomed this past Saturday (Cindy took them) and they came home all pretty and smelling good.  When we take them to be groomed they have to be put in the same kennel or Lares will fret himself sick...Draco isn't so bad, he's much  more independent than Lares is ~ be it as it may, they are still extremely bonded to each other, been that way since birth.  They are beautiful loving babies (smiling).
For Valentine's Day, since I had to work a double on the day itself, I celebrated it with Cindy on the day before; I cooked a Pork Butt Roast with homemade mashed potatoes and caramel glazed carrots with a sourdough and garlic loaf of bread.  Then for dessert I made chocolate covered strawberries.  Cindy really enjoyed it ~ She brought me home a box of my favorite Truffles...Lindt Truffles (yummy things they are) and gave me a beautiful card!  It was a very nice evening.
Today I haven't really accomplished that much, I've gotten laundry done, the sheets changed etc. normal housework type things, probably won't get that much more done can't seem to find the energy to do so.  I've been wanting to sleep a lot lately, not sure why but it seems as if I'm so blasted tired all of the time when I'm not working. 
Last night Cindy and I's friends Barbara and Michelle came over to watch "The L Word" ~ they do this every Sunday evening while the show is running on Showtime.  If anyone else out there watches this show?  Please believe me that normal everyday lesbians do NOT live that way.  It's TV and we do not all sleep with everyone within a 5 mile radius nor are we that blasted well off financially LOL.  It is nice to have a show about lesbians, but to be frank? I much preferred "Queer as Folk" while it was on. (ducking because L Word is C's favorite show).  Yes, we have those within the gay/lesbian community that DO behave like that, but the majority?  do not.
Ok, I'm gone for awhile, hope everyone is having a wonderful day!  Hugz*  Teresa
 
P.S.  yes, I have the pictures from Oregon uploaded on the computer, I just need to actually take the time to pull them up and copy/paste them into a entry.  I WILL do this I promise, hopefully this week sometime.  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the L word here............ wasn't too impressed myself. I think Queer as Folk started here. When it first hit the screen it was very contraversial as it had shagging and underage sex in it. I thought it was fab. LOLOLOLOL
Oh well, there's tast and taste I spose ;-)
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy week! I am looking forward to your pics:) -missy
http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

I love the L word. I don't have the cable channel it is on but I rent them as the seasons become available.  I understand what you are saying about it not being the way lesbians live!  And they are all so pretty!  Reminds me of daytime soap operas, everyone is beautiful.  I really like the story line about Bet and her x having the baby.  My son loves kids and I worry that he and his partner (whoever it will be at that time) won't be able to adopt a child.  That would crush him!  So I keep hoping.........Linda

Anonymous said...

Teresa, glad you  and Cindy had a good Valentine's Day, I have heard others suggest Jorja would be great on The L Word, I know I would watch it for her because I love her, lol. Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

You need to write more often!  Enjoy your week!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Oh you sound like a great cook!  It's been forever since I've made a Pork Roast it sounds mighty good.  I've seen the L-Word a few times, but I no longer get Showtime.  So I have no idea what is going on.
BTW...I read your last few entries and saw you would like to visit New York and New England...those were my stomping grounds before moving to Florida.  I do wish I can get back up into the Adirondacks of NY next summer and Fall.

: )  Bethe

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lovely meal Teresa.  Cindy is lucky to have you!  We don't hafe that show over here.  I'd probably watch it if we did.  I hate stereotypes.  I just accept people for who they are, period, end of statement.  I think it's the best way to be.
Love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

I don't get showtime but somehow somewhere i managed to watch a couple of shows and had to laugh..it's just a lesbian soap opera..they sure make it look good don't they?
have a good week
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful graphic at the start of this entry.  Your Valentine's dinner sounds just yummy.  I'm going to diagnose you with the winter blahs(just guessing) and prescribe Spring! Of course naps are allowed, to put the "spring" back in your step.  I've got an awfully bad case myself.  Hope to see the photos soon.
                                               Smiles,  Leigh