Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Good Morning
Thought I'd write this morning because I won't be able to for the next 3 to 4 days ~ I have a double shift for the next 3 days and depending on how tired I am on Saturday will depend on if I write then; usually after working 3 doubles and then a lunch shift I am TIRED lol.
I hope you all have enjoyed the pictures from Oregon - I wish I had taken more (or rather that the one's I did take were better) to give you all more ideas as far as how beautiful the place is.  I know from experience that most people that visit Oregon or live there think that it is one of the most beautiful states in the country.
I am having to work one more Wednesday shift (go back a couple entries and you will see my fussing about Wednesday's and the drunks that come out) but I believe it's my last one I will have to work for a long time. I am so thankful for that and I am so not looking forward tonight, I hope they give me a section that is small, that way I won't have to deal with any large groups that tend to drink even more.
It is cold here this morning, 28 degrees and frosty..poor Cindy has to go to a meeting 3 hours away today and she has to ride with "the guys" she is Soooooooooo looking forward to that LOL.  She has a couple movies downloaded on her I-Pod so she is taking the backseat and watching those on the way there and back, she looked so good when she left!  told her to make sure and text message me or call if she can once they get there so that I will know they arrived safely.
This past weekend we tore the carpet up in the living room and to what is our surprise??  Beautiful hard wood floors!! I mean these suckers were put down piece by piece..they are about 1 to 1 1/2 inch slats wide by about 6 to 8 inches long, put down by hand!  I cannot imagine why they covered up these beautiful floors!  We even pulled the carpet up in the hallway and it's the same beautiful floor... so we are just going to polish the floors and put down a large area (for the living room) and a runner for the hallway.  My office even has the same floor under the carpet, that is the next room we are going to "uncover". We are excited by the find!  Will take pics once it's all finished.  It's amazing the effect of no carpet in the living room, makes it look so much larger!
Enough for now, I need to get some things done around here before I go to work today.
The Babies are all happy and healthy.
Hugz*
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love hardwood floors....
good luck today at work..don't take any shit...;-P
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I leave today for florida so I won't be reading journals for a few days so I hope I don't miss to many entries.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Teresa, good to have an update from you, that is awesome about the hardwood floors, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the floors we found when I ripped up the UGLY green carpet in our living room, oak just like you talked about.  And they do finish up really nice.  We had to sand ours and refinish, but it was so well worth it.  Hope your busy days don't leave you too tired.
                                              Hugz,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

I remember in our last house pulling up the carpet in the hall and finding beautiful ceramic Victorian tiles all intact.......... Brilliant.
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

HOping that one day I can visit Oregon for myself.  I have heard that it's very beaituful.  DOn't work too hard!
love,
marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

What my S'heart fails to mention is that I was so sore after I pulled up that carpet that it has taken me all week to recover.  I love you S'heart and thank you for never questioning my "hair brained" schemes.