Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Nothing clever LOL

Well, here I am ~ finally another entry (laughing) I apologize for it taking so long (it's been over a week since I got back home) but I wasn't expecting everything to take so long to get done, accomplished, put in order etc. etc. not to mention I was just plain old exhausted!  I, first of all had to change the house back from being Cindy's "bachelor" pad to it being organized somewhat again, get the uhaul emptied and unpacked and everything put away ~ and the general exhaustion of the trip itself finally setting in. And yes,  lets so NOT forget the focus thingie.
The trip itself? it was looonnnnggggg much too long, yes, you heard me rave about wanting to go on this trip forever ~ Oregon is my heart when it comes to a place in the U.S. to live, so many things appeal to me about the place; the climate (at least along the coast and the upper northwestern corner) the people? on the most part they are some of the nicest people I've ever met, especially those that are strangers first going there...Portland, OR. is especially like this in my opinion; the environment? can we say oh my Goddess beautiful?? if you haven't been there, take my word for it, it's fabulous.  I think the places I'd like to also go within the continental United States are Vermont, Maine, Upper New York etc. outside of the U.S. of A. ? Canada of course - I've been to British Columbia and I loved it, for the most part they were very nice but there were also absolute rude snobs there also - but then there are a lot of Americans like that aren't there?  We are one of those countries with one of the hugest ego's there are out there, not everyone is like that but hey, think about it and you know I'm right.  We can be snobs and think we are the bestest at everything out there in this little world.  Guess what? we don't, we aren't and some of the one's that are like that? the snobs? they need to get over themselves because the way the world is going today we need every friend we can get and we aren't achieving that thru the arrogance so many of us portray wen we are out of this country. (and yes again, that is SOME of us, not all of us).  Anywhoo, as some of the people know that have been reading my journal for awhile now some of the other places I'd love to visit in the world are as follows and not in any kind of order:
Scotland, Ireland, Wales, England, Hungary, Norway, Switzerland, Amsterdam etc. My dream places - I stuck Hungary in there because that's where my family is from and I have relatives there LOL.
 
Enough of that. Back to the subject at hand...my trip, Oregon etc. The coast was beautiful, albeit cold, rainy etc. My next entry will contain some pictures that I took - there are more on my cell phone camera but I can't get those on the computer :(  the ones on the cell phone are of New Mexico and California ( I hate Arizona so I didn't take any pictures of it, in fact I tried to ignore the state completely, nothing against those that might read this journal that live there, I just don't like the place <shrugging> reasons being I don't appreciate the desert in any form and it holds extremely bad memories for me that I'd rather not think of ). 
The trip itself? well, I went with my best friend Terry <she is the one with Multiple Sclerosis> and her partner <they've been together almost 32 years, and yes they are lesbians> Dar, Dar flew out to Portland on Christmas Eve because she couldn't get away till then. The drive was shall we say stressful, Terry's M/S is in a aggressive stage right now & her form of the disease concentrates on her cognitively moreso than the physical, though the cognition bleeds over into the physical because of the nature of it itself.  So this made her moody, volatile and explosive ~ I'm no angel mind you, I tried for the most part to be easy going about it <except for the occasional panic issue> but occasionally I would snap right back at her which of course made things worse <wincing>.  So by the time the 6 weeks was over or nearly so I was sooooooo ready to be back home with my Cindy.  I was ready at 3 weeks!! LOL.
I guess I will go for now.  Thanks for being there for me all of you <smiling>.
Hugz and Love***********



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip, sounds tiring though. You may be able to buy a cord for your cell phone that would connect to the computer. Most any phones should have that capability now. Try your cell phone store. Glad your back! -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

I would be bloody knackered after that and I am sure there would have been a killing, if I'd been there ;-)
Welcome home anyway.
Gaz xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back where you belong...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I went to Oregon once when I was about 20 and I just loved it there.  My father was born in Scotland, my grandparents came over here when my dad was about 1.  My grandma never lost her accent and I just loved it.  I would love to visit there!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Teresa, it's nice to have you home, I sure missed you !!!!!!!!!!! Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to go to Oregon.  I hear it is beautiful.  Glad to have you home safe and sound though and looking forward to hearing more from you!  You can come over here to England any time.  You'll always have a place to stay!
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to writing.  Looking forward to seeing the photos.  I've always been interested in the Northern West Coast, weather and the extended gardening season.  Sorry it took me so long to get here and leave a comment for ya!
                                              Smiles,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Wow, Teresa, you've been in Oregon.  I'd love to take the time and see the northwestern states.  I'd love to go ro the UK; most definitely.  France also.  Italy...so-so.  LOL...I'm so broke, I'll be stuck in Pa. forever. Can't wait to see your pictures.  Hugs N Love, Chris  and..yes, you are nice; very nice!