Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rant

        

Okay, I'm giving you fair warning ~ this is going to be a rant.  So, if you don't care to read my rant then move on, this after all is MY journal and I can write what I damned well please. Correct? ::answering myself:: Correct.
I have found in the past few months that I have been censoring my entries, I haven't been writing that much, I find when I think about it ::and I HAVE been thinking about it! which by the way that "thinking" has become lately "stewing":: I have been allowing myself to not write what I want to write!  damn it, ::and if that word damn bothers you I'm sorry:: Whether I am in a good mood or a bad mood, whether I am moaning & groaning or pathetically whining because I feel my life is going out of control or I'm not happy about something or if I'm freaking depressed, I should be able to write whatever I want to!  Not all of life is "happy, happy, joy, joy" and all that malarkey.  It's not all pious and thankful.  Sometimes it's just out and out pouting,  full of rage or a feeling of injustice that I feel may have been done to my person.
And no, this is not directed at anyone or anything in particular.  This is something that ::like I mentioned above:: I have been thinking about a lot lately.
I know quite a few people pass through my journal ~ quite a few of you don't leave comments; I wonder why sometimes, I wonder what you think.  That doesn't mean I write to "please you"  or that I am pandering for more comments.  What it does mean is what is on people's minds when they read my words?  Lately "my words" have been downright  
B O R I N G and ingratiating almost, because I don't want to offend someone aka hurt their feelings.
So as notice, I am not going to restrain myself any more.  I am going to write what I want, period.
Hugz* 
 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, you are right hon, it's your journal and you have a right to write whatever you damned well please, I'll always stick by you, Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Just to let it all out is one the hardest things to do- we want approval and warm fuzzies- going on a rant and rave may bring about undesirable responses so we don't do it- we get wrinkles, headaches, ulcers and a myriad of other nasties instead. Get the idea? Let is out sister, roar with the wind, rage on- it's a part of everyone- blessed be!

Anonymous said...

ps- when I visited before I swiped one of your pictures- is that ok? Guilt- sorry :(

Anonymous said...

AMEN!
everyone should absolutely write whatever the hell they want...
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

Yay!  Ranting!!  Honestly, I rather enjoying bitching as opposed to the Thankful business.  ROFL  ooops.  I said the B word.  Dammit.

;-P

::hug hug::

~Amy

Anonymous said...

you are so right!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

No, your journal is not boring.  You are not boring.  

Speaking for myself, I had come to your journal a few times before you went to Oregon and didn't leave a message.  I was new to JLand and maybe a bit shy....I'm over it now : )  

And you will probably be subject to my unsolicted advice from time to time!
::more smiles::

Hope your day was good and never worry about the lurkers....I have a few and they come out fo hiding from time to time.  

hugz back, Bethe

Anonymous said...

Your journal.. write what you like. Although, we all have to be a bit mindful that there are other people who look at it. That doesn't mean you can't write what you want but common sense is appropriate. (((HUGS))) -Missy
http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

I agree with Missy.  I find myself editing and censoring all the time.  Then my journal becomes a boring chronicle of a very quiet simple life.  Not much in the way of titallating reading.  Maybe one of these days.......
                                             Hugz,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

I no longer watch what I write.  It's my journal, and this is your journal!  You won't scare me away with any of your entries. LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

Part of the reason I visit the journals that I do is because the writers that write them, write from their hearts.   I want to read what's real not what people think I want to read.  I want to read about the real you and your real feelings whether they are bad or good.  It's the "real" you that I love!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

YA know something missy??? Yours is the third persons blog I read today that said they thought they were boring. Wll let me tell ya........ I, nor anyone else would read your wonderful words if you were at all BORING!
Your love, kindness, warm heart, loyalty and everything else shines through your so called 'boring' blog.
Well, keep being boring if you want, cos I'm gonna still read you.Big hugs to you and bigger kisses.
Gaz xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I censor myself....mostly because I don't want to re-live and re-hash the things that are upsetting/angering me.  I can't make myself type it all out.  

love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Bah, I think you should write what you feel like writing.  Really, who cares if someone is offended or doesn't like it.  There is a red "x" for those.  I don't write much in my journal because two of my three children read it and have found my graphics journal which was my venting about them journal.  So, unless I start another one :( they will censor me.  Do I like it...NO?  But I refuse to put anything in my journal that will insult or hurt them.  As for the others..lol...I wouldn't worry a bit about it.  So, vent away...HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

(Doing the happy dance) Bring it on sister! I've been waiting for you to realize this. Your journal is suppose to be your outlet hon. Let it all out....If someone can't take the heat , then they seriously don't need to read, because they fail to be a support foundation and friend to you. Your human as you have a right to your emotional outburst, curses, screams right along with the happy, happy, joy , joy drones (By the way if you see someone like that steer clear, because I guarantee you they are not being honest with themselves...) ((Hugs)) Yeah I'm playing catch up again. Love Ya Indigo