Saturday, August 30, 2008

Entry

                              

Bright the Day everyone,
I hope all of you are doing well and will be having a good weekend!
Cindy has 3 days off and I have 4 of them.  Monday is my birthday and Tuesday is our Anniversary.   C. bought me a Stand Mixer for my b'day/anniversary!  It's great and wasn't that sweet?? I think so. Don't know if we will be doing something, if anything ~ a quiet long weekend.
Heathen is about the same, but I'm watching him very closely still for the "sign".
I've been pondering about changing the layout of my journal, if not moving my journal entirely ~ I am not sure about why I'm feeling like this I just am. I've played around trying different colors, layouts etc. but nothing has caught my interest, I can't help it, I like black! lol ~ to me it shows the graphics I use very nicely since the majority of them are NOT pastels.  I'm antsy.
The weather here is still hot and very, very muggy ~ soon hopefully it will start cooling and not get over 90 degrees, one good thing is that it hasn't been in the 100's .
In about 3 weeks it will be the Autumn Equinox, the ending of summer and the beginning of Autumn, then the next festival will be Samhain (pronounced Sow-win) or All Hallows Eve.  Samhain is the Pagan/Wiccan "New Year" according to the pre Caesar calendar that the Romans created.  I will hopefully write a entry about each explaining them more fully; I've written before about them but they probably aren't remembering very well so I'll do it again if I can.  just takes that thing that I'm so lacking in, FOCUS .
Brandon, Cindy's nephew (C's Mom and C are raising Brandon) is handicapped ~ some of you know this already.  He was born with a brain tumor and shortly after his birth they had to operate to remove it.  The surgery caused him to have weakness on his left side, he isn't able to use his left hand and his left leg is weak.  Mentally he has a few issues also caused by the tumor and removal thereof...he gets so frustrated with not being able to use his "sweet hand" or run like other kids and other kids make fun of him and harass him and his feelings get really hurt.  Every year when B. goes back to school C and her Mom have to go through hell to get the schools to do what is right for B.  The "No child Left Behind" act is something most of the people they've had to deal with in the school system is something the schools would rather forget if they had their way.  There are many things that they have to watch out for with B.  for example he can't get too hot (causes seizures), he can't have any kind of trauma to the head (no matter how slight), he has to have a aide for everything, even going to the restroom because of his "sweet hand".  Thing is the teachers/aides have no patience and don't care to learn about B's issues.  They get impatient and ignore him.  According to the law they are supposed to have a aide for him every minute that he is at school and even on the bus to and from home.  They getpaid by the state for this ~ yet they do their best to weasel out of it.  It's a good thing that C and her Mom are so savvy as to the laws applying to his situation.  You may ask "well, why don't they home school him?"  the answer is because B. needs exposure to other children and adults, he needs to have that meshing ~ experiences outside of C, her Mom and her Mom's husband.  It teaches him how to deal with society and people in general.  I hope that he has a good year.  Wish C., her Mom & B. luck
Guess I will go for now. Have a good day.
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that rain graphic.  I was watching some show in Alaska yesterday and looked at Jesse and said 'If I could jump into the TV right now, I would....'  LOL

Happy Birthday....and Happy Anniversary!  I hope this year brings you wonderful things!

::hug hug hug::

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Teresa, Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to you hon, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dont you change a thing with this journal!  I absolutely love it, and it is YOU 100%!  I also love black, and black is definitely your color...its YOU!, be proud of it girl!!!

The little boy that Susan and her Mom are guardians of...you know, the one who had to have the bone marrow transplant...well, he has health issues also.  He can't control his body temperature well, so he can't get too hot, and in the winter he has to wear extra clothing to keep warm.  His teachers are pretty good, but I know its hard on them with this kid because he also has ADHD.  But they are working with Susan's Mom, and Susan and things are going pretty well.  

Let me tell you a funny story that happened on his first day of kindergarten.

The teacher read the story of the gingerbread man.  You know...he runs away right?  
Well, the teacher asked the class after the story where they thought the gingerbread man ran off to.  Lane stood up and said "Well, I dont know where that little fucker ran off to!"

Needless to say, a note was sent home telling Susan's Mom to ask Lane about the story of the gingerbread man...and he told her what he said exactly as he did at school.  Then they had the talk about cussing of course.

It's funny...but its not funny.  His real grandfather thinks its funny to teach him cuss words...and Lanes counselor told Susan's Mom to tell him that if he didnt stop teaching him to cuss, and stop whipping him, and yelling at him that she would have him arrested for child abuse.

Her Mom is having a very hard time with all three boys, and the two oldest ones are probably going to be given up due to behavior issues that Susan's Mom just can't do anything, or WONT do anything about.  The oldest one has hit her, and kicked her and the police have been called several times.  The middle one cusses her out, and throws things, and I know that the older these boys get the worse t

Anonymous said...

I love your journal just the way it is, and I hope you never leave AOL journals!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, Cindy's cousin needs to stay in shool.  I jumped thru hoops and the systime to get special education for my son.  It's aggravating, well beyond aggravating, but nessesary.

I hope you do write about the Equinox/Mabon/Samhaim again. And don't forget the Yule, Brigid, Ostara etc.  when the time comes:  ) You did such a nice job last year with your entry on Mabon.  Blessings,   Bethe

Anonymous said...

Ohh, Happy Birthday to you Teresa and Happy Anniversary too!  I would LOVE to have a stand mixer, so you are one very lucky gal in my books!  I hope that you have a really special day, whether you stay in or go out!
love,
marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary too!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Well, as much as I love autumn, I'm not ready yet!  Guess, I'd better start cramming in all the summer stuff I can over the next 3 weeks.  :)

I love the style of your journal, the colors and graphics.  Don't make too many changes, K?

Happy Birthday and Anniversary!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend, no matter what you do!
                                                                                       Hugs,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

I am late but still want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Hugs Gaz xxx