Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Entry

 

Bright the day to everyone,
Hope all is going at least decently in your corner of the world where ever that may be.
Haven't written in a few days reason being is I haven't felt like it, burying myself under a wood pile you could say.
One good thing that has been happening is the last few days we've gotten plenty of rain!  That's a very good thing as we were pretty much in draught conditions before this happened, hopefully The Lady will keep encouraging it in this little bit of the Cosmos.  We always need it!  Another good thing is the temperatures have been steadily dropping a degree at a time, bad thing is the humidity when it's not been raining has been astronomical!  You can definitely tell hopefully that the worst of the heat is passing for the Summer.  Here comes Autumn!!  Yippee!!!  Love it in that aspect.
Cindy has been really busy at her work ~ dealing with crap like the rest of us have to at times, her's has to do with her being a woman in her profession and her Superiors at time's second guessing her or treating her like she doesn't know what she is talking about...thing is she knows more about her profession than many of the Male Chauvinists that are out there strutting about trying to establish themselves as "men" ~ oxymoron if you ask me.  Idiots.
My work has been increasing in the amount of stress that is going on there.  Employees are quitting right and left ~ seems like management would buy a "clue" and realize that there is something bad going on there and do something about it.  Even the employees that have been there for a couple years (which in this profession is a lONG time to stay in any one place for any amount of time) are leaving.  All I can do is keep trying to do my job and leaving at the end of my shifts.   Yes, the tension is affecting me and my ability to do my job as well as I normally would, yet there isn't anything really I can do about it.  It's starting to make me doubt myself and my knowledge of doing this kind of work.  Maybe it's time for me to think about finding some other kind of career?  I don't know.  What I do know is that I'm getting older and in this profession it get's hard to find a job where so many prefer younger, more attractive women to be server's.
As far as Heathen? I think, as much as I don't want to think about it and believe me I've been doing a lot of thinking about it with lots of pain and heartache.  He's losing more and more control of his back legs, yes, he's eating and drinking but what good does that do if it takes so much out of him to just GET to the water bowl and his food?  I don't know what to do but I am watching him very closely for the signs.  I will be having my Baby cremated when the time comes and he will be kept in a special urn..he will not be scattered or anything like that, he will stay on my Altar and WITH me.  Others may not understand this & may think it is morbid but it is my choice.  No one else's.  I don't expect others to understand my standing on this, just respect it.
Lares and Draco have been miserable with the rain even though we needed it so much, they haven't been able to get out and play ~ hence the fact they are driving C and I nuts LOL.  goof balls they are but so very loving.
I guess that's it for now.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/rdautumnsage/ravens-lament/I truly understand that feeling of being under a woodpile. When I worked as a printer, I dealt with the same things Cindy is dealing with now. It didn't matter that I could take the Printer (think a massive piece of machinery) apart and put it back together was almost always right when I told the mechanic what was wrong with said equipment...I still got that treatment - your a woman what do you know. Sorry to hear work has been stressful hon. I continue to keep Heathen in my prayers on the smoke. I believe you will do right by him, when the time comes. He knows you love him my dear sister. You've given him a lifetime of love and devotion. (Hugs)indigo

Anonymous said...

Heathen will be honored by your devotion. My friend takes in abandoned cats from local ARF. When they pass on their urns  are placed on the mantel with their picture. We all have to do that is best for ownselves when in comes to grief. Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Awwwww hon, Heathen is still in my prayers, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

(((Teresa)))  No wonder you felt like crawling under the woodpile.  Stress makes you want to do that. When the time comes, I think the alter idea is just wonderful.  Isn't love the ultimate representation of Spirit?  
Will keep you, Heathen, Cindy and the boys, all in my thoughts and prayers.
                                                                     Love you my friend,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Hint: Management never ever get clues.  Even obvious ones.
SIGH


xoxox
Russ

Anonymous said...

Autumn?!  Already??  You have a birthday coming up also don't you?  
I don't htink having Heathen's on your Altar is morbid at all. Is spriit will always be close, but the altar wll keep him close.  So sorry to hear about the management problems at work.  Gosh, bad managemnet filters right down and affects everyones demeanor.  All you can do is just hang in and do the best you can.  Hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie...you sound so beaten down in this entry. I wish I could give you a big hug.  I know you are going through hell on many levels.  I just wish that things would brighten up, and make you smile again.
Sending you love and hugs,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa :)

Darlin, I am so sorry for how you are feeling right now. You seem like a super lady and you deserve to feel on top of the world. I love autumn too, I live for it in fact, so I am also concentrating on all the relief I know it will bring. :) It's nice to come across someone who loves autumn almost as much as I do! LOL. I will think some good strong healing thoughts your way. Hang in there!

Always, Carly
http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photo by the way. Did you take that?

Anonymous said...

I completely understand you wanting to keep Heathen with you.  If I could have afforded it, I would have done that with Smokey.  I miss her so much.  And like you said, it's your choice.  Still praying for a miracle.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

We've been getting lots of rain as well. It does get tiresome though.  I can understand you wanting to keep Heathen with you as well.  I would feel the same way about our Jess.  Sounds like you need a hug though.  (((hug)))
love,
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/