Monday, August 25, 2008

Remembering ~ the one's who have helped me "exhale"

                    

I am taking a page from Leigh over at "I was thinking" - Leigh is newer journal writer and is coming into her own with her writing... I greatly enjoy reading about her life,  the good and the bad...  She has a very interesting view about some things and her life's experiences and toned and tempered her.  She's a great lady  So I thought I would write a short entry about the why's and maybe the how's of the reason I started keeping a journal.  The reason being is AOL's Journal's 5 year anniversary.
I'm not sure where or when I decided to start checking out other's journals, other's lives ~ whether it was here in AOL Journals or in blogs from other areas of the web.  I only know that I did and for the most part I'm happy about it.  I've met people from all over the world here and I didn't have to leave my home.  Some of those people are good, some? not so good.  Some people are positive and nurturing, some are judgemental as hell, some think that everyone should make lemonade out of lemons about every little thing ~ THAT is something that irritates the dickens out of me.  For one reason?  The bad in life goes along with the good ~ I'm not going to psychoanalyze myself for anyone, I do it to myself often enough.  I've always been a firm believer in the fact that each and every one of us has a light, positive part of life and we each have a dark, negative & sometimes melodramatic part of life.  I embrace each side and I don't try to candy coat it.  Lest I seem like a morose individual I don't wallow in the dark side, I fight to come out into the light, sometimes though? it takes a little longer than some of those that are "happy, happy, joy, joy" would like and they don't read me that often, nor comment ~ and if they do? they email... I don't mind emails lol BUT that little dark paranoid part of me wonders if they email because they are ashamed to be connected with my journal & it would be a blemish against their fine upstanding image that is cast about.  Some things I understand are very personal and they are being empathetic about that fact, the rest? I don't know but it makes me at the same time irritated & others feeling blessed that I have made such wonderful friends.
Anywhoo ~ I started my journal a couple of times, I've had to move and change screen names & journals because there are meatheads out there in the world - and I changed before I allowed myself to think about the fact that all I had to do was block their butts ~ but then again, all THEY had to do was make a different screen name too LOLOL, plus the fact that if they didn't like my journaling or anything else then they didn't have to come back, it was their choice.  Sheesh.  Life balanced on the whim of a ignoramus. 
Any of you who know me, know that I love graphics ~ not sweet namby pamby graphics but very DIFFERENT graphics, every once in a while a sweet one will show up LOL.
I remember back at the beginning and my friend Russ from over at "Inner & Outer Demons" tput a shout out to others that read his journal to come and visit me.  I thought that was so sweet of him...he is a honey bear and I love him.  He's crusty at times, vulnerable at times but he tells it like it is with his  own life and his relationship with "Lumpy", his work and his "babies".  Plus he's a terrific artist
My friend Connie from "Thoughts on my Life & other mindless Chatter" (Private Blog) has known me for YEARS and we've been through some very rough ups and downs over those said years.  I love her too**.
Indigo from over at "Raven's Lament" is a truly, truly evocative writer, I just wish I could write like her ~ She writes about her life, her deafness, her darling Pickles...I admire her deeply and I've adopted her as my "Sistah Dear" Sisters on smoke and The richness of the Goddess.
Donna from "This & That & Hockey"  she creates awesome tag's and graphics and her own personal photography isbeautiful
Margo from over at "Margogo'S Musings: A Changing Life " She has had some very rough times this past year or so, and I worry about her ~ She is another of my "Sisters" through the Goddess... but I know she will be ok, she's being "tempered" I guess you could say and I think she would say "Ok, when is enough, enough?"  The Light is coming Margo, hang in there.
Lyn from "Brit's Blog" she's a great one too!  She's a formerly British lady who is married to a Military man, is a nurse, loves the beach, misses her Mom, has her "thankful Thursdays"...
Gaz from over at "Diary of a Podgy Poof" is a absolute bundle of teddy bear love and a fantastic sense of humor about himself and the world around him...He's from England also and I love him**
Marie, used to have a journal here on AOL, but she switched to one of the other blog's out there, She has a blog called "A Year from Oak Cottage", Marie is one of the most spiritual people I know...and she shows it in everything she does, she is full of love, mischief, compassion, NON judgemental...to me? She is a HUGE example of what a Christian should attempt to be...there are lots of those out there that spout the fact that they are Christian and they don't show it worth beans...Marie? She lives it, shows it and shares it and her God is very, very proud of her for it
Missie from over at "Missies Upside Down World" which is now private, is a very nice woman too!  She has had her share of sucker punches the past year and a half...but she's come through with a great attitude and a wonderful propensity to help others.
Lisa ~ "Lisa's Place of Thoughts and Ramblings" is a wonderful, beautiful, friendly, warm Lady...her journal is private also but just let me say, she has brought a smile to my heart with her kind and thoughtful ways...PLUS she loves CSI and Cold Case LOL.  AND she sends me snail mail
Amy from over at "Meh" ~ that woman is a HOOT!  She never fails to create a smile on my face, in my heart or both...she's Fabulous <grin>
I could go on and on about who is out there... that have touched my life in some way or another.  To those?  Thank you so much for welcoming me into your life.  I love you all for it.  Friendship is a precious and rare thing...
Blessings*
 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{Teresa}}}}    Extra big hugs for you and this entry.  

The friendships I'm forming here are so vital in my life.  
                                                                                 
                                                                                            :)  Leigh        

Anonymous said...

Aw hun...I feel honored that you mentioned me...truly.
Much love to you!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Ok, I've been crying enough today...then I read this and the tears started again. I love you too hon! You've been an awesome friend and sister to me since I've known you. If nothing else came out of AOL journals the connection I've found with you and a few others would of been worth it all. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out Leigh's and Lisa's Journal.  Those are the only two I hadn't heard of, yet. I know what you mean about the people who Email. I've gotten some strnge ones, being as evil as I am, I actually posted the Emails in the comment of the Entry myself with the S/N. Yep, I'm evil : D  Each time I read your journal I learn a little more about you.  What makes you happy, sad, angry, glad, your passions, your readings, your place in this world. Thank you so much for just being who you are.  hugs, Bethe   *Hmmm, was that too sweet?? Sorries. I hate syrupy sweet too.

Anonymous said...

ha....you say 'morose' like it's a bad thing.  pfft.  :-P

Hey - when your page came up, I could only see the top inch of the graphic and I was like 'aaaaaaaaaaa....it's a vagin.....oh.  hands.'  Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaahhaha.....I'm stupid.

::hug hug hug::

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww thanks for the shout - out hon, I am truly blessed to have you in my life too,. you are an awesome lady and a great friend with a beautiful and kind heart, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

This was such a wonderful entry!  I'm so privledged to have you for a friend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Nice entry and nice of you to pimp so many great journals.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry Teresa, and not just because you mentioned me in it either!  I'm not sure I deserve all the wonderful things you said about me, but hey, I'll take them anyways and enjoy every word!  (((hugs))) These are all good people you have mentioned here today.  I like to think that for every crappy person out there there are at least ten good ones, and those aren't bad odds!  You, well, you are one of the best.  I love you to pieces!
love,
marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I WILL BE  BACK    lol   just  read  your  comment on  mine         thanks       and         FANTASTIC   graphics             back  soon as  i sort  out  the  hell  that  magic  smoke  just  dropped  me  in  lolol    take care  mort xx