Saturday, March 15, 2008

                    

Good Morning everyone!
Thought I'd write a quickie entry and say I hope everyone has a great weekend. 
I have a lunch shift at work today yet I have no idea what time I will actually get out of that place LOL.
Cindy and I will probably be working around the house and yard this weekend cuz it's supposed to rain on Monday and while the weather is good we need to get some things accomplished...such as working on the wood floors and raking leaves out of the yard.  It was in the lower 80's here yesterday and should be about the same today... I NEED to get my a/c in my car worked on and the windows tinted (you HAVE to have your windows tinted in Texas because during the summer months the heat will fry you and the interior of your car).
Right now the temperature outside is about 66 degrees and it's beautiful even if it is still dark LOL.
I hope next year to actually plant some bulb flowers in the yard and the flower beds so when it comes time I will have tulips, hyacinth (spelling?) and others like that, there is already a pale yellow daffodil flower in the yard and in a few weeks there will be these very pretty small white flowers all over the place too.  We had a Wisteria bush in the center of the front yard but Cindy cut that down last summer because it was branching out too much and she was afraid the root system would disrupt the sprinkler system in the yard as well as grow up the huge oak tree in front and suffocate it.  I love Wisteria but it had been allowed for too many years to just grow wild ~ if Wisteria is tended correctly and kept pruned and on a trellis or arbor it is a beautiful thing!  if left unattended it encroaches over everything in it's path. Now, how much of what is planned actually takes affect LOL is another story entirely!!
Well, I hope everyone has a good weekend and I hope everyone's weather is improving and will be nice.
The Spring Equinox/Vernal Equinox OR Ostara...is on March 21st... I will hopefully be making a entry explaining what it is about so all you "non-pagans" out there know what and where the Easter Egg originated from LOL...as well as other things that show where Ostara predates Christianity and how Christianity tied Ostara into it's system.  That should be interesting (or at least I think so).  I'm looking forward to it and hunting for graphics and other information for it also... I didn't get to do one for the Winter Solstice or Lammas because I was either in Oregon or had just gotten back from Oregon.
Hugz*
 
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have a For-Cindy-a (forsythia) in your new garden. We have always called the yellow flowering bush for-Cynthia!  Dannelle

Anonymous said...

OMG!!  The little white dog licking the screen looks just like my Maltese, Jasmine : )  May I snag for my sidebar?

I wonder if the little white flowers are Lily of the Valley?  Or maybe even Jasmine?

Sounds like you've got a working weekend.  tc sweetie,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

I am ready to get a bunch of plants and make something pretty out in my yard......hopefully a water fountain or something.  I got a bird feeder (finally) for the back yard and instantly got a bird following.  Surprising, since I live in a new subdivision and we don't have many mature trees - which means not that many birds.  You know what I really miss though?  Having squirrels.  :-/

~Amy

Anonymous said...

I wish it was in the 80's here!!!  Have a great weekend.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Teresa, have a great weekend with no rain, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great weekend too my dear and love to Cindy.
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

Love your picture this morning!  I hope that you had a great day at work yesterday and that today you can put your feet up and enjoy a day off with Cindy!
love,
marie

Anonymous said...

I need to do some racking of leaves in my front and back yards as well.  Today is yucky weather here in PA.  Rain and lower 40s.
Missie