Thursday, March 13, 2008

      
This wonderful tag was made for me by Donna over at D's Designs ~ thank you Donna!
 
Just a quick entry to let everyone know everything is ok.  Been busy this week with work and around the house, trying to get around to everyone's journals and leave comments, haven't made it to all of them though lol.
I have double shifts today and tomorrow and then my usual lunch shift on Saturday ~ of course last Saturday by the time I got out I might as well have worked a double LOL, it was a busy day and by the time I got home my feet were killing me and I didn't at that point care if I saw another human being for awhile the exception being Cindy of course ~ I would have been happy.
Cindy has been pretty busy at her job also ~ one of her co worker's daughter (she's 16) has within the last month been diagnosed with Hodgkin's (spelling?) lymphoma (I hope I spelled that right) and the place where she worked the owner and about 50 other of the male employees had their heads shaved in support of this man's daughter, she's had to shave hers because of the chemotherapy... wasn't that great?  I think so...the owner also had those rubber bracelets made in support of her in her favorite color a deep purple. So even though you don't know her shout out a prayer/blessing or whatever it is you do in your belief (or non belief) 'k?  She's a brave young woman and has a excellent attitude about fighting this crap.
Alright, I'm out of here, need to get some things done before work.  I hope you all have a great week!  by the way, the weather the last couple days has been very nice here, will be (the weatherman says) 79 or 80 degrees!  of course we are expecting more rain lol.  The boys have been loving being able to be in the run for a couple hours at a time ~ Hugz*
 
P.S.  Can everyone comment and let me know if all my animations on my page are working? (wondering because I've been reading and been told that AOL is having issues with GIF files)  Thanks !

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything's working!  It was nice to read how you're doing!  Enjoy the weekend coming up.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Everything works wonderfully! Prayers for the young lady-

Anonymous said...

I will make sure to keep that young lady in my prayers.  I think it is totally awesome that everyone shaved thier heads in support of her!  My niece died of leukemia at the age of 8, that is how I got involved with running the marathons for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, I will keep running till they find a cure!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Everything is spinning, sparkling, and jumping out at us ~ LOL  Graphics look great!
I will certainly keep the teen close in my thoughts and heart.  

hugs, Bethe     http://journals.aol.com/sunnybethe/palm-harbor/


Anonymous said...

Teresa, your animations are working fine, that is sad about Cindy's co- workers daughter :( Glad everyone is supporting her though,  Have a good Thursday, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sending some healing thoughts for Cindy's co-workers daughter.  Attitude makes a big difference on coming through these treatments, sounds like she's got a great attitude.  Your animation and all the tags you put in here seem tobe working fine and are so beautiful.  Have a great weekend yourself!
                                        Smiles,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Your files all seem to be working ok Teresa.  I hope you don't have to work too hard on Saturday.  It's no fun when you get home and your feet are sore.  I know!  I will definitely add Cindy's co-worker's daughter to my prayer list!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Your page looks good to me..
Prayers for Cindy's coworkers daughter..hubby had Non hodgkins Lymphoma but has been in remission for years now....
have an awesome weekend
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/