Thursday, July 10, 2008

 

Good Morning Everyone ~

Update on Heathen ~ well, apparently he really, REALLY irritated what was wrong with his hips originally!  on top of the irritation with that he now has a bladder infection, hence the "dribble" that won't stop.  I'm having to bathe him 3 times a day with a shampoo that you don't have to wash out ( just the rear portion of his body) which I can tell he finds totally yucky.  She put him on a very high dose of prednesone <spelling> and antibiotics, as well as something I have to give him once a day to help with his bowels (this since the muscles are all seized up & he can't himself) and did a full bloodwork panel.  Cost monetarily $200 ~ price paid?  relief for his Momma and priceless that it wasn't something life threatening. I will know more when the vet calls this morning with the results of his blood panel.  She was hesitant about the steroids because of his diabetes... we've been keeping that under control thru his diet and she worries about that changing and creating a opening to where he has to take insulin.  I really worry about that also because there have been quite a few cases where a pet has to start taking insulin and they become blind.  Please offer up prayers, blessings, good thoughts and positive energy towards my Baby.  Thank all of you that responded yesterday... it means a lot to me!

                

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm continuing to keep Heathen in my prayers on the smoke hon. I hope he doesn't have to go on insulin shots. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I hope everything comes out fine with the blood panel.  I will contine to say prayers for Heathen.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Whew...I guess it's a relief in many, most important ways.  The inconveniences will be just that...and let's hope just that.    Your baby is home with his momma now.  And so is mine.   Shanti's xrays showed nothing, but now he's on some medicine to see if it helps.  
Hey, I have plenty of pics of MY baby in my journal...where's yours???   ; )

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I read about your baby and his problems and I had to stop beause I felt terrible for you. Glad you went to the vet and Heathen is under care. Hope he has many happy days ahead. You are a good Momma! Dannelle

Anonymous said...

He will continue to be in my prayers!  Poor baby!
Missie

Anonymous said...

I need an update as I am just dipping in at Belfast airport.
Love ya. Gzz xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

My cat, Willow, had to take a proactive paste when she developed a large bowel infection.  I squirted it in her mouth with a syringe.  I wonder if it is the same stuff you are giving Heathen?  I will continue with the energy and prayers.  So relieved that he is on the mend for the most part!  With his diabetes, it might not be a good idea, but I continued the treatment for Willow by giving him a teaspoon of live yoghurt in his meaty pouch food every night.  
Love,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Poor Heathen, hopefully things will get better very soon.  I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.
                                                                               Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

Awwwww glad Heathen is on the end hon, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Teresa and continuing to say prayers for Heathen and for you!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Still in my thoughts x  Poor Heathen............at least you got him checked out that's the main thing :o)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy.  Prednisone is great for inflammation.  But, it also can mess with the blood sugars.  I hope Heathen has turned the cornerr by now (Sunday).   Hugs,  Bethe