Sunday, July 27, 2008

venting, vente' ~

Debating whether to write or not to write, I feel the "itch" to do so yet I don't?  does that make any sense?  I can understand if it doesn't, believe me.
Yesterday it was in the lower 100's as far as temperature is concerned, didn't think it would ever start to cool  down...that "100's" mentioned is not including the humidity factor! can we say Ms. Teresa was a tad grumpy??? lol.
Cindy took me out for Chinese buffet last night, it was so sweet of her (she hates Chinese food) I LOVE it.. before she and I became a couple I ate Chinese at least once a week yummy.  Wish I could cook it at home more often (or at all LOL) problem with that is 1.  no grocery store around here that has the ingredients that I would need beyond said soy sauce, sesame oil etc. etc. generalities. 2. Cindy doesn't like the stuff. (sigh).  Her taking me out for Chinese was a tradeoff because she had wanted to go eat Mexican food (a food I hate <yuck> sorry Amy hon) I don't just hate Mexican food, it hates ME and I'm not really crazy about the flavors inherent in Mexican food either (Mexican to me includes "Tex Mex" or anything therein) Seafood (not all battered and fried and the flavor drowned in grease, though I do like fried catfish ), Italian, Chinese, English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh foods, Cuban,  Southern/Homecooking etc.  I think I'm going to be wondering about the net looking for Puerto Rican recipes!!  I've heard good things about that genre' of food..will check it out.
 
Work lately has been becoming a lot more stressful, the tension that is there is amazing... I'm not sure why - it's almost like everyone is miserable (I'm not on the most part except when people don't do their JOBS then I get stressed) it's been slower I do know that, same ol' same ol' nice office ladies that run you in the ground at lunch run up tabs and leave you a buck and say "the change is for you sweetie, for all the hard work you did for us"  I want to shove that said buck up the "nice ladies" left nostril grrrrrrr.  This  couple came in this past week, ran up a $60 tab, paid with a $100 bill and left me $2 ~ I certainly assisted with the payment of their lunch via my taxes I have to pay in to the wonderful government. Not to mention I again, ran my ass off for them.  I HATE people like that!!!  Readers?? TEACH YOUR KIDS THE PROPER ETIQUETTE OF DINING OUT AND TIPPING PRACTICES!! if YOU don't know? look it up on the internet   I mean, do YOU like being stiffed on your paychecks?  well, that's what it's like to me & other servers.
 
Yesterday I had to stop by this one grocery store on the way home (they had a great deal on butter LOL & thick sliced bacon) there was this "sweet" little old man sitting at the inside entrance to the store selling the local paper... o.k.  I hate the local paper, it's extremely conservative and the churches in this area have most of the town government & members thereof in their back pockets (can we say "separation" of church and state people? it's a oxymoron in this part of the country) so what's written is very rarely the complete truth.  Yes, there are some sweet articles occasionally BUT sheesh.  Anyway, he proceeds to talk me into a subscription to this said paper... I was being polite by listening to his speel, but the man wouldn't let me go! he kept harping and harping and I smiled and listened...finally he asked me one more time, would you like the paper?  I was fed up by this point and said "no, I would not like your paper"  he said, "why not?" ~~ I said "because your paper is too conservative, biased and you practice censorship at a alarming rate" (which they do)~ he said very disapprovingly "well, that's your choice" he was nasty about it... I said, yes.. it is, that's why I get the "so & so paper, they don't do it as badly as you do" and I said all of this very politely and nicely... he glared at me. I was in my head going "assh**e" grrrrrrr he probably goes the BIG church in town that has a copper dome that cost major bucks ~ gee I wonder how many homeless people that could have helped? hungry people fed? Women's Crisis centers helped? huh? huh? huh? puhleeze.
Dang I'm on a tear aren't I? LOL.
 
Waiting to see how many comments THIS entry gets ROFL.  Or the lack thereof (grinning).
And in spite of all my grumbling etc. I wish you all warm thoughts and Blessings galore**
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

First...I love Chinese food.  Next to GOOD seafood, it is my favorite.  But you can look at me and tell that I like most foods...lol.  Next, you don't have the market on a particular church running the local paper and/or government.  Even in rural TN that is true.  I won't name the church, but we got one.  Now, I'm a Christian and attned a small church here so I'm not knocking Christians...just sometimes wonder why more of the money from the big fancy churches doesn't go to the places you mentioned.  OK...before I get started, I better quit.  Have a nice Sunday.      Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Well, Teresa, you don't have to sugarcoat things here, just go ahead and let it all out!!  ::big grin::  You did just fine.  
How nice of Cindy to do that for you.  We have 5 restaurants here, and that's counting McDonald's and Subway.  We can choose American or......American, or driving 20 miles for Chinese buffet.  
That heat sounds awful....stay as cool as possible.  
And that girl on top?  Now she means business!
                                                                                                 :)  Leigh

http://journals.aol.com/mleighin21st/iwasthinking.../
http://journals.aol.com/WalkingInMyShoesHonestly/

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't last long in the heat these days. Perhaps by next summer when I have more of a grasp on using my inhaler. I wouldn't have patience with someone halting me outside the grocery store to push their view on things for a subscription or not. Every once in a while there is a bake sale by the local girl scouts. It never fails the mothers sit on the benches and gossip, ignore what the girls are doing, they run around and literally block you to ask for donations etc. I'm well aware that kids will be kids, however when I politely say no thanks, no thanks means NO THANKS. The last time 3-4 of them tried to keep reaching for Pickles to pet her, even after I said she was a working dog and strangers are NOT suppose to pet her. Finally I said something to one of the parents and they look offended as hell that I said something. I told her maybe she could make it one of the lessons for a meeting...the proper etiquette for how to behave around working dogs. The mother said something under her breathe about me needing manners (reading lips helps) I lost it and gave her the down low on proper manners. Sounds like some adults could use a refresher course were you work....

Speaking of religion quite a few people were open about my latest post. I did get some naysayers in email though. Paul said he thought I would on that one. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Teresa, Chinese food is my absolute fave, how nice of Cindy to take you out, Glad you said "No" regarding that paper, I would 'nt have been as polite as you, I would have told him to shove the paper up his ass, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love those Chinese Buffets too, they seem to be very popular; the ones out my way have a few non-Chinese, like Italian, maybe a carve-your own hunk of beef, or the King Crab legs, which seem to have the biggest line, often blocking hungry diners from the other food LOL.  Bad part is most don't have enough of the hot and spicy Szechuan so I tend to pick a few of my other faves and doctor them w/hot sauce.
>I certainly empathize with you about the lack of people's knowledge on proper tipping etiquette, in my much younger days, I waitressed, both the uptown lunch mom and pop-type places and later "graduating" to the big diners---I found people could be such cheapskates, and the worst tippers always seemed to be the ones who sent food back for adjustments for one thing or another; and/or had you running your tail off for them.  Ah, but the good tippers...they kept you hooked on waitressing, that and the free meals, (those men could cook, couldn't they)...hell on the feet and legs, though, I remember wearing out many a pair of white shoes, and support pantyhose.
>I know what you mean about some of those local papers, news today is bad enough w/o reading the opinionated, biased, especially when you yourself have your own beliefs, in our neighborhood, we have a small freebie paper, which isn't too badly biased, so it's easy to tolerate, and being free, no annoying people to push it, like those girl scout moms with the blasted cookies and candy sales...
>good ranting, well-written, and don't you feel so much better now???  I know I do when I do a sound-off, I go into my PoisonPen mode and write some sarcastic piece of poetry or petty paragraph to prevent my saying something I'll regret later, so vent away!!!  

enjoyed the art, too, btw.
S.

Anonymous said...

I love chinese food too, and the one place here in my town that had the best went out of business after like 20 yrs.  I am devastated.  
I always leave at least a 15% tip, sometimes 20%.  And even if I get shitty service, still...I leave a tip.  Only not 15%.  lol

I'm so glad you stood up to that jerk with the papers!!!  You go girl!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Our tipping system is different here. We have a mandatory service charge that goes straight to the server. I don't know if it's a better way to go about it, but it's better than a $2 tip.
Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

Lumpy loves Chinese buffets -- and I hate them.  We go about twice a month and I mostly just slurp up the hot -n- sour soup (love it!!)

xoxoxo
Russ

(98 degrees here)

Anonymous said...

rant away:) have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

I love Chinese food and mexican food and just about any other food too..hence the reason I look the way I do...LOL
Love your vent...venting is good..;-)
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our 'Town Crier" which shoud be liar. Any small community seems to be that way or some weird way. You didn't mention Heathen. Scared to ask, but how is he? Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Temps of 100???  I'd be grumpy too lol  Seafood is a no no for me too.  I would feel the same regarding the paper seller ~ well done for answering back to him x

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife