Monday, July 28, 2008

talked to the Vet

  

 Wanted to let who cares to know (which have been most of you <smile>)that I talked to the vet a few minutes ago and She said to just continue with the prednisone twice a day, to palpitate his bladder to help him urinate, try to encourage him to eat (with his diabetes on top of this not eating is a bad thing) and that it was ok to use baby ointment on him to help with the rash he's gotten from wearing a diaper. Told her that I didn't think he was in very much pain, that he was purring still (just not as loudly) and seemed to have pretty good spirits.
 
My heart is heavy and I'm so very worried about him, I want to hover over him but I can't. 
Blessings*

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

((Hugs)) My thoughts are with you and Heathen....Love Ya Indigo

Anonymous said...

You could try tempting him with some softer canned food.  Maybe he'd eat then.  I know it's hard.  Just keep trying.  (((Teresa)))
                                                                                                    Leigh

Anonymous said...

I'm learning kitties hate hovering-makes them nervous. I saw someone suggested A&D ointment or Desitn.  Coritsone cream may help with healing.  It's just a matter of trial and error to see what works best for him. Blessings & hugs, Bethe

Anonymous said...

I understand that "wanting to hover" feeling.   Just know that he feels your love loud and clear.  And it's good that he's probably not hurting much, if at all.

Hang in..

Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Teresa, Continuing to keep Heathen in my prayers, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Keeping him in my prayers.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I just know, he's going to be ok.
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that he is going to be ok honey.  But if he goes many more days without urinating, you should probably take him back to the vet.  
I'm so sorry you are going through all this. I know that it is breaking your heart seeing him this way.
Love you,
Connie

Anonymous said...

So sorry to be reading this Teresa.  I hope and pray that it is all sorted soon.  Like Connie, I think that if he doesn't urinate soon you should take him back to the vet.  I missed you too!  (((hugs)))
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

My heart is heavy aching for you and Heathen. I know you will continue to care and love him as long as need be. Love, Dannelle

Anonymous said...

hi,first time ive read your journal   saw it  from a comment  you left  on joyces.  as a cat lover,i  am  so sorry  for  you.  hope  all goes  ok.   you take care,mort  xx        pleasure  reading  your journal,great  tags.   xx

Anonymous said...

Awwwww hun xxx  I hope things are ok with Heathen xxx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife