Monday, July 28, 2008

Heathen update

                  

 

Good Morning all ~
Not a good night for Heathen or I   I'm really worried about him.  Yesterday he went and jumped the baby gate that's at the entrance to the hallway (going back to the back bedrooms & offices) we keep the gate up most of the time to keep the boys from going back there (Lares is absolutely fascinated by Kizmet my other baby & is always wanting to check her out, in a nice way of course but Kizmet doesn't know that ). Anyway, usually I can catch him and just take down the gate before he does it to keep him from putting pressure on his back and hips, but I didn't hear him  because I was cooking dinner and he jumped and I think he pulled something again.  He hasn't urinated since after that happened (about 4ish) yesterday and he's been very quiet (still purring of course when I talk to him) and he's favoring his back end quite a bit...he laid down in the bathroom all night next to his water bowl.. he is drinking but not eating...his food from 6ish yesterday is still there.  I got up and 2 a.m. to check on him and gave him another prednisone, will be giving him another one about 8 a.m. but right now what I want him to do is PEE!!  I couldn't sleep really last night because I was  so worried about him ~  Cindy says I need to quit giving him his catnip cuz that stuff makes him feel like he's 10 foot tall and    bulletproof   (which it does)  he's super kitty when he has his catnip.  I will be calling the vet later this morning once they open to get the vet to call me back so I can ask her what to do.  Besides I need more prednisone anyway.  I have no idea what to do...(sigh) I told Cindy I'd rather have a incontinent Heathen than a Heathen that isn't here anymore, I can take care of the incontinence, I can't take care of permanent "buh bye"  as I've said before my heart would break.  And yes I know I don't hold the market on people's love for their own furrybabies...but I'm not talking about other's ~ I'm talking about Heathen and I.  Heathen is people to me and always will be.
So please (I know I keep asking this) more prayers/blessings etc. for my Heathen?  Thank you.
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be keeping you and Heathen in my prayers.  I do hope he is allright.  Linda

Anonymous said...

They are our children and it's such a hard thing to watch any of our animals suffering and feeling helpless as to how to help them. I will continue to keep Heathen in my prayers on the smoke dear sister. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry hunny...
by the way love that font what is it??
hugs to ya
Lyn

Anonymous said...

You can have all the prayers and blessings you both need from me.  I so miss not having a furry family member. ::sigh::  So I know how you feel.
                                        Give a hug to Heathen from me,  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

Ten foot Tall & Bullet Proof ::smile::  Poor lttle darlin', of course he is in my thoughts. ((HUGS)) Bethe

Anonymous said...

Teresa, Sending up healing prayers for Heathen, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Poor baby.  I will certainly remember to ask for a healing.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Poor thing!  Keeping him in my prayers.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I am sending healing vibes to your house....... Love ya, Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

I sure hope he is okay xxxx (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife