Sunday, July 6, 2008

I don't know how many people that read this journal have ever heard the Singer Pink's song called "Dear Mr. President" or not, it's a very, very deep song with complete truth in the lyrics - this is one of those song's that I listen to and I see in my head and I wonder how Mr. Bush can live in his skin.  I guess gross profits from the oil industry and other bullshit helps pave the way to a guilt free libido.  Some of you disagree with my feelings as far as Mr. Bush is concerned but I CAN tell you ~ there are far more people in this country and in the world as a whole that feel the same about him and his politics than the naysayers.  Again, my opinion, my journal ~ don't like it? that's your choice, whatever.

One note ~ or maybe two... I have never candy coated my political views nor my feelings towards this "man" in any way ~ I don't like him and I never have, nor any in his administration.  The second note ~ I LOVE this country, I am fiercely proud of it, I'm proud of our history, I support our country's  troops wholeheartedly... but, I hate & despise the way this country is being run into the ground and embarrassed throughout the world, not by everyone, but by enough of them. My Grandfather and his Father are rolling in their graves with what is going on (yes, they served in the military in a World War and the Korean too). A HUGE and heart felt THANK YOU!!!! to our troops here and overseas...come home to us safe.

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July and a happy one... safe too!! 

Blessings*

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, I agree with you 100 % , Bush needs to go !!!!!!!!!!! Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

I had never heard this song~Made me cry.  I'm with you 100% and could not have said it any better.  Bush's agenda does not represent the poor, the gay, the middle and lower class people of this country. His agenda seems to be self serving with oil prices going.  Gee, I can't help but think how he must jump with glee evertime the price of oil goes up...Hmmm, thinking Sadam Hussin.  Sorry for the rant....JMO (which gets me in a heap of trouble) Bethe

Anonymous said...

Honey, I love Pink, and I love this song.  Actually have the CD it's on, and it plays on my My Space page as well!
Love you!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I had never heard the song before until last year in August when I had the chance to see her do it live.  It was very good and very thought provoking :o)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

You know I never heard that song. So  I went and looked up the lyrics to it. I'm in total agreement with you it's perfect. It brings to mind Don McLeans American Pie. I never thought I would ever see an artist in this day and age stand up for something worthwhile. Thanks for sharing this and your views. We share the same sentiments. I have a SIL going to Iraq in Sept. I'm watching my daughter grow up overnight and I wonder what becomes of this war and how it ended up at my front door. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Have a good week coming up.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great fourth also!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I was sad to hear Pink and Corey split..does anyone stay together anymore?
thanks for your advice yesterday...
i love J Land...i need to be a better J Lander!
hugs
Lyn