Sunday, July 13, 2008

hee hee hee  me again!  wanted to bring to your notice (awareness) that the "American Family Association" is currently unable to release their fascination with "homosexual" America.  Now they are attacking McDonalds for their stand on supporting gay and lesbian rights...

The "American Family Associations" views on Homosexuality and the "war".

                     

 

                                      VS

 

                                  

Here is the link to a article about said "boycott" ~ "AFA calls for boycott of McDonalds"

Who woulda figured that we (gay/lesbians) would be such a threat against Religious bigots?  what is it they fear?  their supposed belief that gays and lesbians are out to "corrupt" their youth? that, higher power forbid (Goddess in my case), we as citizens of this country should be allowed to, as couples, file our taxes together? that, as a couple, be able to claim our partners on our health insurance?  that we be allowed to have a voice in our partners healthcare? that we have a choice to be able to carry out our partners final wishes if it ever came to be?  that we could walk down the street holding handsand whispering sweet nothings in each other's ears without being verbally assaulted,  physically attacked, called "sicko's", "weirdos", appalling in the higher powers eyes? to be judged, rediculed, punished, jailed, fired from our jobs? etc. etc. etc.?  do you think your GOD (AFA's GOD) condones the hate, fear mongering, prejudice and ignorance that they extole the virtues of?  for some reason (call me silly) I don't think your (the AFA's again) would appreciate that ~ the higher power made each of us, there is a purpose for each of us and that higher power loves each and every one of us.  I could react with anger...initially I did feel anger, now what I feel is sadness, pity ~ yet I hold a wonder within myself the "why" of it.  Christianity is not the only religion out there, there are so many other beliefs out there ~ yours is not the only one.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was gonna buy the 'I'm not gay but my girlfriend is' t shirt at Hot Topic the other day, but then Jesse was like "wait...you have a girlfriend?!"  Idiot.  ROFL

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Teresa, you are so right, everyone should be treated equally and deserves the same rights regardless of race, gender or sexuality, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

I have about zero tolerance for this stuff.  It truly boggles my mind how the opinions of others can be so foreign to me.   I truly believe I could not be friends with someone with strong opposition to such "rights" of others.
But crap....now I have to eat more McD's I suppose!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Amen and hold the onions. I have more to say but not the time. I waited until I was 40 to tell my family etc. etc. American Family Asses more like it. Dannelle

Anonymous said...

You would have thought that back in the first century that Christian's would have learned the lessons of individuality when they were persecuted by the Romans. Intolerance of gay and lesbians was one of the main reasons I left the Christian religion. The intoerance...Grrrr!  It really makes me ill that they just can't get over it. hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

I consider myself a Christian and I am appalled all the time by things like this.  Christ's message was to love others and where is the love here?  It boggles the mind.  They need to take the planks out of their own eyes in my opinion.  There are many paths back to God, what makes one any more right than another?  I like to think of us as all being on the same bus and going in the same direction...we just choose to sit in different seats.  It doesn't matter how we get there, just so long as we get there.  I don't know how they can preach that Jesus loves you with so much hate in their hearts for anyone that's different.  It boggles the mind!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It's times like this I am glad I live in the UK, this would never happen here. America calls itself the land of the free? I don't think so!
Yesterday in London the a Gay American Bishop was giving a sermon and someone started to heckle him. The congregation tried to shush him and then gave a slow hand clap. When he wouldnt shut up they started drowning him out with a hymm. How British is that? Gotta love us Brits huh?
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

Great entry hon.  Better than mine!!!
Rock on!
Love ya,
Connie

Anonymous said...

it's all a bit stupid isn't it??

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Can I swear here?  The A**holes deserve to go to their hell for being the intolerant SOB's that they are.  One of the many reasons I'm glad I left, but that's for another day.  
                                                                            Hugz,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

The really funny thing about this is that the religious right produces exactly the same percentage of gay children as the Birckenstock left. The poverty of imagination, of basic understanding of human nature, that assumes that human sexuality is somehow subject to choice, and that all homosexuals have to do is "choose" to be straight--it's appalling and sad. I always ask these people at what age did that go to their parents and tell them they were considering a heterosexual lifestyle and wanted to make sure they were making the right "decision."  As if any 13-year old boy has the slightest control over the fantasies that give him an erection 17 times a day...