Monday, July 21, 2008

more updates

   

Hello again everyone !
All I can say about the weather in Texas is that it is HOT  beyond hot really, it's broiling ~ it got to 100 degrees yesterday with complete humidity and I believe it was that again today.  It's supposed to be that way throughout the week and most probably till September actually.  Thank Goddess for Air Conditioning I couldn't stand it otherwise...I'd be ill all the time, I've never dealt with heat well before and with getting older it's not any better. I can't wait for Autumn to get here.  I get repetitious about the weather don't I?  Sorry (shrug) merely how I feel lol.
Heathen ~ well, I'm supposed to take Heathen in for another  X-Ray this week, the vet thinks maybe he has some nerve damage in his lower spine, if not a ruptured or a disc that isn't where it should be.  He is still incontinent so I am having to put dog diapers on him, the poor man, he get's two baths a day (not all over just his lower body) his prednisone and antibiotics...he is raw (down below) from the urine (cat urine for those that don't know is extraordinarily potent stuff) I'd bathe him more but the vet said only twice a day.  I'm going to have to start putting neosporin on him and I worry terribly, I try not to think about negative parts of what is wrong with him, don't want to feed the energy that way.  So please, continue with your prayers etc. for my Baby?  I very much (and Heathen) appreciate them.
We had our new TV delivered day before yesterday with a really nice stand... it's a 60" Mitsubishi DLP HDTV... it's great and I can see the menu for the 1st time in ages without getting right up to it or with contacts in   Isn't that nice?? I think it is.  It's so vivid and sharp! (the picture that is LOL).
I'm in the process of cooking dinner ~ Bar B Que Pork Ribs with Pork Brisquit, Baked Beans (cooked nice and slow, both of them) and a salad.  Cindy's Pop says he'd marry me for those ribs LOL  because I cook them so nice and slow they always turn out melt in your mouth and off the bone wonderful.  That's what I'm told anyway, I'd the worst critic when it comes to my cooking.  I baked some bread on Saturday too.
Okay, I hope everyone is fine.  Have a great week...
Blessings* Teresa
 
               
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dinner sounds yummy!  I seem to have missed a few entries, so I'm catching up here.  
Sorry you guys are having such extreme heat, it is so hard on a person.  Hope Cindy will start to feel better soon.  
Have you thought of using Balm-ex or a diaper rash cream on poor Heathen's back end?  It might help.  Ask the vet.  It's gotta be so tough on you(both).  I'll keep up the good thoughts for you both.
I love the graphics you've got today.  
                                                                                              Leigh

Anonymous said...

Teresa, hope the weather cools down for you soon, Will keep Heathen in my prayers, dinner sounds "Yummo" Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Teresa, hope the weather cools down for you soon, Will keep Heathen in my prayers, dinner sounds "Yummo" Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

That cat tag is awsome!  Hope you have a good rest of our week.  The weather here has been hot too, but I'm not ready for fall.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Darn...sorry to hear what a tough time your baby (and you) are having.    You're a real good mom.

hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

CONTINUED PRAYERS..
THAT CAT GRAPHIC IS SO COOL!
IT'S SO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT HERE TOO!
LYN

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed, as for the weather. You talk about heat, we talk about rain!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Can you FEd Ex me some of those ribs and fresh bread?   LOL!  I actaully slow cooked ribs last night and had the leftover ones tonight.    

Poor Heathen~Has he been able to walk at all?  I've been using baby wipes on Mau'i and Jazz.  Mau'i isn't too good at keeping herself clean.  And Jazz was, well, she's too chubby to reach her girl parts.  

Stay cool!  Bethe

Anonymous said...

I pray that Goddess will wrap your little Heathen in her loving arms and heal him completely.  Bless his little heart.
Love you,
Connie

Anonymous said...

I sure hope Heathen is okay xx  Hope you enjoyed the ribs :)  I wouldn't like that heat either............I think it's bad enough over here lol ;)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife