Sunday, February 25, 2007

Catch Up

 

The graphic is from a set called "Jewelled Fairy" I believe ~  from Kiwi Graphics.

It's been a week of weeks  lol. I've been feeling like I should write but haven't been able to sit and formulate the thought process necessary for this.  So, I'm trying.

Once again, Lares and Draco are growing like weeds, they are both between 15 and 20 lbs each now at 11 weeks old.  They have had their 2nd shots and yesterday went in to be groomed etc.  They were NOT happy about that and Draco treated me like I was the ultimate traitor for doing so.  They WERE happy to get home, first thing Lares did almost was roll in the leaves..sheesh. But they are so cute...they also got their special tags in the mail finally, took forever it seemed.  Lares is blue with dolphins on it and Draco's is shades of scarlett with some purple in it of a planetary scene somewhere - futuristic but very pretty :)  Cindy is Aquarius therefore a water sign and I am Virgo a earth sign - therefore Lares has a water symbol on his and Draco's is earth.  They go in for their rabies shots etc. the end of March.  Heathen and Kizmet are still the same, tho poor Kizmet is loosing weight because I have been having to find places to put her food because Heathen will find it and eat all of it, remember Heathen has diabetes that is being controlled with his diet so he has to eat his special food and isn't supposed to eat anything else but - thing is, no matter where I seem to find a place for Kizmet's food, he finds it and bullies her to steal it.  I think I've finally found a spot where Heathen can't get to it and she will be able to eat in peace and put some weight back on - she's a tiny cat to begin with and her loosing weight is not a good thing in my opinion.

I've been reading a lot this past week (books), been reading journal entries but have been having trouble being able to leave comments, don't know if it's AOL or if it's the connection here.  I had broadband, but this area is fighting over which company has what area so right at the moment all I have is dial up, so that hinders things. Can't even put YouTube's on my entries or even see them because the dial up is so slow here it won't work.  I hope the corporations have the mess straightened out eventually because I miss my broadband.

Cindy and I are doing well, she's been very tired this past week - it's the end of the month and it's always very stressful and hectic where she works at the end of the month.  If you have a question about GM or Chevy vehicles though? she's the one to ask... she knows those brands inside and out... one of the best in the nation at what she does.  Very proud of her about that.

Did I ever mention that when she was younger she was a bullrider in the rodeo? or that she's been in the army and was discharged with the whatchacallit of Sergeant? <sp?> She has some massive shoulders on her (I think they are very sexy :) and her calves?  16 & some odd inch calves... s o l i d muscle, same with her thighs (big sigh here) I love her in tight wranglers (blue jeans), a cowboy shirt and her stetson cowboy hat...black of course lol.  She's a wonderful human being & I love her deeply (but ya'll know that LOL).  Hope she feels the same about me... I think she does.  At the moment she is still in bed (I've been up since 5 a.m.) she needed a sleep in and deserves it completely, later I will make us some breakfast (bacon, eggs & toast) the usual.  I think when I go to the grocery store later I will get some ground sausage meat and make "Scotch Eggs" next week for our special breakfast.  Should be interesting.  We are both supposed to start the "Atkin's Diet" the 1st of March.  That should be even more interesting LOL - I've never gone completely without carbohydrates before, Cindy has and she said when she went on the diet she lost quite a bit of weight, I guess we will see if it works the same for me as it did her. Sigh...no potatoes, no bread, no pasta...no milk (I love milk), very little dairy, I can use creamer in my coffee, I can have butter...just no on the majority of the rest of it from what I understand.  We will see.

Yesterday, it stormed and then for the majority of the afternoon & evening there was some terrific wind gust's here...up to 50 and 60 mph winds... there is this desk on the carport that we need to bring in the house but we need some help in doing so because it's so heavy...it blew right over... just to give you an idea, took 3 people to move the thing to where it is now and here comes one huge gust of wind and whoooop there it went, right over on it's back.

Alright, I guess that's it for now.  I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

                              

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AOHELL is playing up big time, this is my second attempt at leaving a comment, the last time I hit a blank screen. Then when I got into your J again, it was a diffrent colour!
It seems the weather is playing up all over the planet, I am sick to death of winter now, I want my sun!!!
I have been on the Atkins diet, it was brilliant, well, for me it was. I lost over a stone, I think that's about 16/17lb so I was well pleased. You don't have to eat loads of fry ups or anything, I thought I ate relatively healthy on it. I don't think loads of steamed spinach, with pork fillets and grilled blue cheese is that unhealty is it?
Good luck, let us know how you both get on. I need some inspiration to get ready for summer.
G x

Anonymous said...

AOL has been the pits...... but dial up..... ohhhhh nooo my journal must take ages to load...... I'm sorry.....  Have a great Sunday
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

AOL is being such a pain that I'm wondering about moving my journal elsewhere. But I like the ease of being private on AOL. But I haven't had "Alerts" for over a week and I can't seem to add a reader to my journal (been trying for 2 days).

Sounds like your Cindy is a sweetheart....like YOU!
--Cin

Anonymous said...

Ohh..Scotch Eggs are nice!  I have tried the low carb thing....it is quite good for weight loss, but no good for a person like me who's favourite vegetable is potatoes!  I can never stick with it for very long!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Don't go overboard with that Atkin's stuff.  People DO lose weight on it, but they gain it back faster than people who try other diets.  Our bodies NEED carbs!!

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your entries so much, because, despite various problems, the joy you have in the good parts-Cindy and the dogs and daily life- is wonderful. I really don't have much of joy in my life, yet, althiugh I'm working on it! Margo

Anonymous said...

Cute idea for the dog tags!! Your family is growing by leaps and bounds. (smile) And as always , the way you talk about Cindy says it all. Give her a hug from me and tell her thank you for making you so happy. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I did Atkins and it worked awesomely...  good luck!!!  (although I personally really really hated the scotch eggs...lol)

~Amy

Anonymous said...

I love you with all my heart S'heart and I think the world of you too.  Took us to long to find each other, but I look forward to making up for lost time
Cindy