Thursday, February 1, 2007

A couple of my favorite books...

I don't know how many of you out there read fantasy... I'm speaking of J.R. Tolkien kind of fantasy?  Well, a couple years ago I found a book called "Eragon" by Christopher Paolini ~ this young man was 15 years old when he started writing "Eragon" and in my humble opinion is a great book :)  Granted, bits and pieces of it does sound Lord of the Ring'ish... but it's great and I recommend reading it for all of you that are interested in that genre' of book.

                                             

When I read the book the first time, I remember thinking this is going to become quite a popular series & maybe a movie in the future...was I right?  yes.  Definitely right and the author quite deserves it, the notice that it brings.  I have a link in my favorite sites to the left of my journal that will take you there if you'd like to check it out.  He came out with another book after that, called "Eldest" which was just AS good, I think... I believe it will be a trilogy somewhere along the line, I'm waiting for the movie to come out of DVD so I can rent it and watch it... going to the movies these days is just WAY too expensive, even the early shows & then by the time you add popcorn etc. it's astronomical.

                                                                 I was also remembering a movie that came out in 1982 called "The Dark Crystal" that was a great movie and I've never forgotten it..came in the same line as "The Lambrynth" (spelling?) with David Bowie in it.  Just fantastic stuff... I miss those movies.

Anyway, on with what is going on now... been working on getting everything switched over from the previous screen name and journal... been adding my graphics, journal links and favorite site links to the journal also... took awhile LOL  mainly because with the other journal, I had added the links over time, this time it was doing it all at once...didn't realize I had that many.  Needless to say, my brain is pooped... I will be getting around to everyone's journals tomorrow hopefully... I miss ya'll... but, tonight should be a very interesting night here (wiggling eyebrows) if ya know what I mean (wyked wink) plus a additional (wink, wink).  LOL.  I'm being silly..it's raining, sleeting and generally freezing my tush off. 

Oh, by the way...the babies (Lares and Draco) are growing like weeds, they are 8 weeks old today...they already know how to sit, how to stay, how to go to the door to go potty (yes, there are still accidents occasionally) isn't that amazing??  damn they are smart dogs... Lares eyes will stay bright blue but I think Draco's will be more of a dark gray rather than a dark blue... no matter, they are wonderful babies.  The cats?  well, Heathen is bein' a butthead at the moment, he's supposed to be eating the special food for the control of his Diabetes?  he keeps sneeking and eating Kizmet's food... I'm running out of places to hide it (Kizmet's food).  Heathen get's along great with the puppies... Kizmet is still "feeling them out".  Okay, I'm gone.  I hope everyone is doing well... I miss ya'll (did I mention that???).  Hugz, Teresa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the boys are doing well..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

hugs to you......... ever read the Belgarath series?  It's awesome
love ya
d

Anonymous said...

Hey there...stopping in and checking out your new j...My son was telling me about this new movie coming out sometime...he is reading one of the Lord of the Ring books for english class right now...although he has already read them when he was in grade school..So we too are waiting for the movie to come..Hope the night turned out great for ya...wink wink...Hugz back at ya!!  TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fantasy person, though I read Lord of the Rings series when it came out. I am glad to hear both dogs aand cats are well, and that you two are, too. Margo

Anonymous said...

I love the new layout and colour of your new blog........... very swish! It's like 5.30 am here and was reading this bleary eyed, when you were talking about your new pups, coz I was half asleep I thought you were talking about kids! I was thinking, they use he potty aat 8 weeks old????????? LOLOL.
G ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love Tolkien.  Have you read "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman?  It's along the same lines, very good!  Love the new format on your new journal!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

I'm not into the fantasy stuff, but my daughter sure is.  I'll pass this info on to her.
Missie

Anonymous said...

The journal is looking great. My son just read Aragon (he got it for Xmas) so I'll try to find Eldest for him. --Cin

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at the cat name "Heathen." My cat's name is Chaos. It's been a long time since I've read fantasy really. I read a lot about religion and politics and oddly, I'm agnostic! LOL!  Of course, I read lots of poetry as well.
Best wishes for a great weekend.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Don't be mad -- but I HATE science fiction/fantasy books.  Why?  Mainly because there just too many names to keep track of.  Like...I'll be reading along and the bad guy's name is "Zwofarre" or something and the good guy's name is "Zygarrw"...and then I can't remember who is who.  Or who is a dragon.  Or a giant spider.  Please don't be offended.  I still love you.

Russ

Anonymous said...

See also: http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=books