Wednesday, February 28, 2007

~ exhaling like crazy ~ if I don't watch it I will hyperventilate :)

This "Tag" is the work of our wonderful Donna at D's Designs  :)

Feeling kind of down and wornout at the moment, emotionally and mentally.  Mainly because it took a lot for me to write what I did in my previous entry, believe it or not.  I share things with you all, yes... but it doesn't mean that with certain things I talk about/discuss with you, that they don't come with a price for me.  That being, in general I'm a very quiet person, I tend to hold things to myself, my heart and in my own mind far more than is really healthy.  I meant what I said about not minding whatever someone might respond with, because I am who I am. I am proud of ME.  It still doesn't mean that the "little girl" inside of me doesn't hope that people won't trash her for speaking and sharing what is on her mind & in her head or in her heart. 

I never, ever, REALLY had a childhood.  I wasn't given the chance nor the opportunity.  My mother was married for the 4th time by the time I was 6 years old and she always married the same kind of man. Lechers (sp?), abusers and some things I might not ever go into detail about here.  Let's just say - I knew things at 6 years old a 6 year old girl child should never know till she is at least in her 20's.  I have very, very few memories (happy one's) of my childhood. The rest of the spots are either very sketchy or they are consumed with those little black holes that my PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) & depression leaves.  To give you an example..have you ever taken a piece of thin cloth, cotton or silk or somesuch...and sprinkled tiny fire embers across it...those little holes that burn through the material without consuming the whole thing? Over a period of time there are lots of little tiny holes that fill up the material.  Those little spots are like my memories...I have lots of little tiny (and some not so tiny) holes everywhere in my mind.  I DO remember being at my mother's 4th wedding and me wearing this little dress with a white top & bright yellow skirt with daisies around the waist...thinking to myself and KNOWING that I would never be married to a male & that I would never bear children.  Odd isn't it?  knowing that at 6 years old with such certainty?  I hated that man with a passion, I don't now because I realize it's just a waste of energy, but then and for many, many years after my mother FINALLY divorced the bastard, I hated him with a singular, unwavering hatred.  Take my word for this, he was a very BAD man.

Now, I haven't spoken physically with my mother in over 10 years.  I haven't seen her in even longer a time.  I DO maintain a email correspondence with her & that is only for necessity...for many years she didn't know where I was, no nothing because I didn't wish for her to know, she didn't even know if I were dead or alive.  I disappeared completely, absolutely.  I don't know where she lives other than the general area and I don't want to know, I don't know her address, I don't know her phone number.  Don't want to know.  Over the years there has been some semblence of healing within myself when it comes to my mother, but not enough to wish to encourage a further relationship than what there is right now. One day maybe, now? no way in hell.  The thing is I'm trying, She is trying - it might even heal enough to allow for a physical meeting or even a phone call.  Does that make me a bad daughter? no, it doesn't because no one knows what happened to me growing up & I don't think she will ever be able to get to the point within her own mind of accepting the responsibility of what happened.  It's beyond her. She's a good woman overall, she just wasn't a good mother to me.  She didn't save me when it was her job as a mother TO save me. period.

I have a headache from hell this afternoon - I think it's the barometric pressure because it's going to rain, that's causing it.  Draco and Lares are in big trouble when Cindy get's home.  I just have to remind her...Baby, they are just puppies...they will be 12 weeks old tomorrow.

So without much further Ado.. I am departing the journal world for the day... I bid you all a fond adeiu...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a nice evening.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I kow it takes years of struggle and much courage to write these two entries today. I am glad you have healed enough to find and love Cindy. Be gentle with yourself. Margo

Anonymous said...

(hugs) You did something today that takes tremendous courage.....you wrote from the heart. I knew there was something about us that was eerie in the sense of deja-vu. Your story could easily be mine, with different twist. Are you sure your not my twin sister (winks). I haven't spoken to my own mother since I was 24, that would be 17 years. For pretty much the same reasons. Mother's are suppose to save their children. My own father lives a mere 5 min. from me, we share the same birthday even. I haven't known him since I was 9. Haven't spoken to him for 5 years now. Sad but we learn to adapt to gather those closest to us and love with all we are. Your like a sister to me in the sense I know where your coming from , I've traveled the same path you've been on. I'm glad our paths finally got a chance to cross. (Huge hugs) Love Ya Indigo

Anonymous said...

I admire your courage so much! There are still things that I cannot write about yet but I hope to someday. And those little "burn holes" in my mind have yet to release some memories. You inspire me!!! ((((((Teresa)))))))--Cin

Anonymous said...

You wrote from the heart and it must have been hard work. I started my blog as I wanted to write about some things that happened to me in my childhhod, I still don't have the courage to write about them, even less now my darn sister gave my mother the name of my blog!
You have courage to write as you did, you truly are a wonderfull person
G x

Anonymous said...

I think you are a very brave and special woman.  It takes courage to write all that you have written over these past two days.  I applaud you for this.  I decided a while back not to hold on to the hurts and aches of my past because hanging on to them only continued to give the person that had hurt me or tried to continued power over me and I refuse to let that happen.  That doesn't mean I forget...only that I forgive and move on.  I guess it took me a while to figure it out but I have come to the conclusion that, bad or good, all most people are doing or trying to do,  is the very best they know how to do, depending on their knowledge and experiences in life.  When they know better, hopefully they do better.  I am sorry for all my mistakes and given the chance to live my life over there's probably alot of things I wouldn't do again...but I can't erase the past, I can only make sure the future doesn't carry it's taint.  Does that make sense?
Bless you, you are a special spirit.
love,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

We share a lot of trials...I am hurting for you!  The pain that always pops up to remind you of all the ugliness!  Also sorry to hear you were hurting this day...Hugs to you!!! TerryAnn