Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hey, Hey, Hey - it's been quiet this weekend and nicely so :)  C and I have been thoroughly lazy till this afternoon all weekend.  Yesterday all we did was hang around the house, watch TV, play with Lares, Draco, Heathen and Kizmet - heck, we were even in bed by 8 p.m.  both of us were just tired, C more so than I, we cuddled right up and went to sleep, I love cuddling with her :)

Today, C was up early (4:30 a.m. or so) because her back was bothering her and had the puppies up and out already, I got up around 6:30 a.m. after she came in and kissed my on my cheek saying she was going to Mickey D's to get some breakfast for us, wasn't that sweet? When she got back, we read the paper and ate.  Then we went to the grocery store to get a few things, got back, I put up the groceries, she vacumned, I did laundry, she put up my new under the counter electric canopener then she went out brought the puppies in and sprayed down the back yard and the dog run for fleas/ticks/bugs in general.  You have to remember, we live in a rural area and the woods come right up to our back fence, so there are fleas/ticks now and there will be even more come the spring/summer.  We are trying to get a handle and ahead of them right now.  Texas is notorious for those things yuck yuck yuck.  Won't be able to take the puppies out to the back yard the rest of today and maybe all day tomorrow, depends on how fast the yard dries out in the back.  There are houses on each side of us - and cow's on each side of those houses, horses etc. there is ranches all up and down this road, even across the street...   it's nice and quiet for the exception on the road in front of the house.

Anyhoo - I'll be cooking dinner in a while, nothing fancy, just some sautee'd chicken breast tenders, veggie and potato or something.  Going to go for now...hope everyone is having a good one.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna live where you do!!  minimal neighbors and cows?  coolness....

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend, and a great place to live, except for the fleas/ticks/ bugs. Of course I live less than 20 miles from Lyme, CT where Lyme Disease was first discovered! The good thing about our sometimes brutal winters is that we don't have to deal with then all year round! Margo

Anonymous said...

That is one thing I remember about living in Texas: fleas! You live in the flea capitol of the country, I think.
Aside from the bugs, sounds like a great weekend. And I love that photo of the flowers.--Cin

Anonymous said...

We ate McD's for dinner!  It's a good standby for lazy Sundays. :)

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a special partner in C.  I love McDonalds!  I hardly ever get to eat out though!  One of the curses of being too good a cook!  Hubby never wants to eat in restaurants!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Dinner sounds awesome...I am taking a mini break from all the mess I have to clean around here...thought I would pop in and see what was up...you are not kidding about the fleas in Texas....I used to live in Kingsville Texas and also spent summers with my grandma when growing up in Irving!   Hope you enjoy your day!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I used to live in Fla. and I have to tell you, hot weather is definately breeding ground for flees and ticks,. We used to have to worry about fire ants as well. I'm so glad you have Cindy. I love hearing about your life together. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

You to sound such a cool couple........... This is gonna be my lazy weekend with the man, I aint even gonna get out of my dressing gown (robe) today.
I think I will skip the Mucky D's though, maybe humous on crumpets (english muffins lol).
Enjoy this weekend too...........G x