Sunday, February 4, 2007

Super Bowl/L Word Night

This wonderful Tag is the work of our own Chris at Cab's Creations go see her work...she's gooooood  lol.  Thank you for making this for me Chris :)

Anyhoooooo ~ Cindy is in the living room watching the Super Bowl, I watched the half time with Prince..was he not great? and he did it in that pouring rain, the man is killer on the guitar, he sings fantastically (in my humble opinion), he's quite spiritual and devoted to his religion which I think is Church of Latterday Saints (forgive me if I'm incorrect about that, I just know whichever religion he is, he's pretty devoted to it from what I have read and understood).  I missed the preshow with Stevie Nicks... I luuuuv Stevie, so does Cindy... Queen of all she surveys Stevie is :)  Did anyone else out there see her? that was such a bummer missing her.

Today we went to "Sam's Club" and to the grocery store, sat down this morning and planned out my week's dinner menu that I will be cooking.... the main courses throughout the week will be (in no definite order)  will be Rib Eye Steaks, Cuban Piccadillo, a soup made with Kale, Garbanzo Beans & Chorizo Sausage, Cuban Chicken and Cuban Roast Pork (yes, I'm doing a cuban thing this week lol); a couple nights will be leftovers or soup/salad and sandwiches.  Next week might be Irish? Moroccan? Austrian? Hungarian? who knows..whereever my fancy takes me.  I love to cook and bake :)

Last night we went out with a couple of her friends, who are also trying to be my friends... to Dallas, we went to dinner there and then out to a lesbian bar/dance club.  It was nice, I enjoyed my "date" with my Wife... we had a lot of fun...stayed there till midnight then started home.  I'm just not a party animal (nor have I ever really been one) anymore, I don't see the sense in staying out to all hours of the night and be exhausted the entire next one or two days LOL.  Face it, I'm just not into the bar scene period.  I'm the type that I'd either like to stay home or just out to dinner and a movie..ya know?  It was wonderful being able to be out someplace where Cindy and I could be ourselves and not have to hide our love for each other from others that would/do deem it wrong or something like that.  It was great :)

Okay, I guess that's it for now, I hope all of you are happy and content also... if not one, then the other.  Hugz to everyone :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

watching the game as I sit here.... YEAH Colts!  LOL
Manning deserves this :)
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Hey - thanks for signing my "aint gonna work for Lawyerman" card over at Cindy's Journal - and I have to agree with you on Prince's performance at half time! I thought for sure he was going to throw a fit and leave since it was raining - but nope - he stuck it out and did really well!
--Holly!

Anonymous said...

Prince is now a Jehovah's Witness....(shudder).  It's more of a cult than a religious denomination, but he is still a one-of-a-kind talent.  My favorite song of his is "Alphabet Street".

Love ya,
Russ

Anonymous said...

If we wanna watch the Super bowl, we have to PPV via Sky, so I missed Prince perform.
You menu for this week sounds amazing, maybe you would care to share some of those recipies soon?
I did giggle at the part where you went to supper with some of your g/g mates who are trying to be yours! lol.
Enjoy your week, and enjoy your menu
Gaz xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!  I think it's a shame that people are not free to be able to be who they are without fear of condemnation and reprisals from bigoted, small minded people.  I'm glad that you and Cindy were able to do so, if only for a few hours.  By the way, I'm not a Jehovah's Witness...but I disagree that they are a cult as one previous commentor stated...they are just people who choose to worship their God in another way.  It doesn't have to be your way to be the right way.  JMHO
Have a great day!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss T.. I am glad you and your wife had fun... and even better that it was somewhere that you could be yourselves.. maybe one day you will have that freedom everywhere...wouldn't that be awesome? My SIL and her wife think it is more laid back over here...so I can't imagine what it must be like in UK for them and their 3 children...
Prince rocked the house..and shit I missed Stevie?? darn...love that woman..she is ageless to me....
I am rambling.. have a great week..wanna come cook at my house? sounds yummy...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I love Stevie Nicks too! I don't have much of her stuff, but I do like her a lot. Did she start in Fleetwood mac and then go solo?

Again, I feel so stupid for when I commented on your Stevie Nicks poem..LOL...oh, THE SHAME OF IT!

Reading back a little, I just wanna say that I LOVE 'Labyrinth' too. It was on tv here just the other day. Brought back some great memories. I love the songs too...'Slime and snails, puppy dog's tales, thunder or lightning...and baby said DANCE'..ok, I'll stop..lol!

Hope all's well,

Lv Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

S'heart I had a wonderful time out with you too and by the way ya'll she is a fantastic cook.  She's good at everything she does though.  I love you S'heart, but yes I think STEVIE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you and Cindy had a god time going out. I'm like you, I'd actually rather call for pizza, and sit around and talk with two or three others than go out. I did go out last night(Sun) to see my favorite unknown group in the whole world, Mad Agnes(they can be found at Madagnes.com), it was wonderful, better than any Super Bowl! Margo

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, that menu sounds good. If something turns out especially well, you could post the recipe for the rest of us :)
Glad you had a good night out. Hey, I didn't know that Stevie was on a pregame or I would have watched that, too. I was out buying a dryer instead.--Cin